• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Best Forum Software

Best Forum Software

• vBulletin

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Invision Power Board (IPB)

• XenForo

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • PhpBB

• ZetaBoards

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • SMF

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MyBB

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

Oklahoma City Thunder

Reaction score
XenForo is a really good forum software. The only bad thing is it costs money to buy it, unlike some forum software, such as MyBB, PhbBB, etc.

Smokey

Reaction score
Xenforo for me. :) I've used every forum software on that list and XF is by far the best i've seen thus far. IPB being a very close 2nd. :)

Zerth

Reaction score
Mines MyBB, it was my first forum software I tried out, it was pretty easy, so I stuck with it.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
So a few years has past, some new forum softwares out there, some new opinions changed.

Mine however stayed the same since my last post
My vote is XenForo. That's what this forum is using now. I have used many in the past, some free, some paid. vBulletin has lost their touch and IP.B and XenForo I would say are now the leading forum software.

RivaCom

Reaction score
So a few years has past, some new forum softwares out there, some new opinions changed.

Mine however stayed the same since my last post
Agree'd however both Xenforo and IPB still aren't living up to my same standard of addons that I had with vBulletin 3.x .

Guardian

Reaction score
I'm preferable to MyBB myself. I'm usually not a fan of XF forums, but I'm getting the hang of it thanks to GR. :)

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
Mybb is fun to mess around with I love vBulletin

Stealth

Reaction score
I love MyBB. It is the forum software that I really feel comfortable with in developing.

NecroWolf

Reaction score
Since I last posted here they have come out with an entirely new and different phpBB, which does not require tons of editing files. Upload, go to ACP and enable, much much simpler. I must say I like it better than the old phpBB.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Since I last posted here they have come out with an entirely new and different phpBB, which does not require tons of editing files. Upload, go to ACP and enable, much much simpler. I must say I like it better than the old phpBB.
The new phpbb does look good indeed. They finally introduced notifications too!

Referal

Reaction score
Xenforo has good plugins good themes addons. But if you want a good free software I would recommend Mybb they have good plugins but not great themes compared to Phpbb3

Tucker933

Reaction score
Nothing really beats the flexibility and feature-set of IPS.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
You want a community software which allows you to revise, edit, and in essence, perform any function you will need anytime. If you don't choose the message board software which allows you to achieve that, you will be extremely frustrated with your software and come across issues that you could easily avoid. Don't allow this eventually and do some research on good message board softwares before you get your website started. It will always be much easier to avoid problems than to repair them.

iTommy

Reaction score
I am using both vBulletin and Xenforo but I think it depends on the forum owner
According to me, you can choose one of Xenforo, vBulletin, IPB. They are best forum software at this time.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
It's a hard decision! I must say, all of the forum software's in the poll are brilliant to use from past experience. I believe the best forum software is phpBB.

GameCube

Reaction score
I like XenForo, but it might just be because I'm used to it. Note, I pretty much think all forum software, at least well-known brands, are competent. In fact, problems with them are more than likely due to lack of updates, lack of owner know-how, or bad hosting plans.