• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Board Wide Updates V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Ahh yes, I am always working to improve the site :)
I got some more board wide updates for everyone!

Trophy System
The default XenForo trophy system has been expanded to include several new features and trophies!
Head over to the Trophy Section to see the new trophies you can earn on our site :)

We hope to add more trophies in the near future. Hopefully some of our members can give us ideas on what trophies they would like to see

After much consideration I have decided to remove the default avatar gallery. This was a cosmetic feature on the forum. Users where able to select a photo from a pre-defined gallery to use as their avatar/profile picture. However, after looking through the forums and seeing the same image being used over and over again, I have decided against it. I ultimately believe user avatars should have a more personal touch to them. Something that can represent the user, their favourite games, or their personality. Users will now have to upload their own avatars.

Mystery Game
Some of our games are rather expensive within the shop. I understand this struggle. However, they are this way because they are priced at market value, or on sale. If a game is $40, it will be 400 rebellions. If that game went on sale for 50% off for $20, it will then be placed on sale for 200 rebellions. If no one buys that game when the retail sale ends, our sale will continue! It will be 200 rebellions until someone buys a copy. Regardless if the sale for that game is over or not.

With all that said, it may be hard sometimes to save up enough rebellions to purchase the big title games that just came out. This is why I am now releasing the "Mystery Game". The mystery game within the shop will give you a random game from a certain selection. The majority of the games will be smaller but yet still awesomely enjoyable games. If you are lucky, you will get a chance to be given a game of $70 in value.
The mystery game will cost between 5 rebellions to 100 rebellions at a time. At this given moment, I have started the shop to sell the first few mystery games for only 10 rebellions.
https://www.gamerebels.com/shop/steam-games.2/view
As of this moment, all mystery games require steam.

Game Reviews
I have finally updated our review forums!
JWQRhpT.png

You can check out the forums here:
https://www.gamerebels.com/forums/reviews/

Create your own game reviews, or comment and add your own opinions to those that are already created!
Did I mention you also get more than the average rebellions for creating reviews? As of this moment you currently get 10 times the normal amount!

Steam Group
If you have a steam account, we do have a steam group set up for our users.
https://steamcommunity.com/groups/GameRebels
You are more than welcome to join this group and be able to play games with other members!

Guardian

Reaction score
The mystery game is an interesting idea. I'd like to see what people end up with :)

Joined the Steam group.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Nice updates! Really liking the reviews setup as it is :)

Martin

Reaction score
Glad to see we are doing something more with the trophy system - always thought it would be a great thing to use on an gaming forum.

Stealth

Reaction score
Love seeing the updates! Hope to see more being added to the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.