• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Did you purchase the Battle Pass 2017?

m33kuh

Reaction score
Well, this year I did not buy. I kind of regret not buying but at the same time, I feel glad. Although last year I bought the The International 2016 Battle Pass and I enjoyed it so much. I got a lot of good stuff but this year I am not really feeling it. Maybe because I love to watch the qualifier games instead of playing.

How about you? Did you purchase one? What rares have you got so far?

fishmonk

Reaction score
I purchased the Battle Pass this year since I am always playing Dota regularly every week. It's also a way to contribute to the TI 2017 prize pool. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any rares from the cosmetic drops or treasure chests. So far, I have not played Siltbreaker since I do not have the motivation to play the custom games. The Fantasy Player game is a way to make TI more exciting to follow for me . I will make it a point to update the rosters as the main tournament goes live. Hopefully, the hero which wins the Arcana vote will be Rubick since I play this hero a lot.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Nope, I didn't purchase it for one sole reason: I don't play DOTA 2 enough. I only play it a few times per month to see what's new and to not forget about the basics. I do love their whole Battle Pass System though and I wish more games would implement something similar to it. The whole 25% of the money goes to the final prize... how awesome is that?

My friend bought the pass since he is a big DOTA 2 player. He plays it too much. Anyway, he has only gotten the Staff of Gun-Yu. If I understand correctly you can't sell the immortal items yet?

m33kuh

Reaction score
I purchased the Battle Pass this year since I am always playing Dota regularly every week. It's also a way to contribute to the TI 2017 prize pool. Unfortunately, I have not gotten any rares from the cosmetic drops or treasure chests. So far, I have not played Siltbreaker since I do not have the motivation to play the custom games. The Fantasy Player game is a way to make TI more exciting to follow for me . I will make it a point to update the rosters as the main tournament goes live. Hopefully, the hero which wins the Arcana vote will be Rubick since I play this hero a lot.
Awesome. What is your battle pass level now? Man I miss playing fantasy team league. It was one of the reasons why I bought Battle Pass last year. Yeah about the arcana vote. I hate it because there are still some people who vote for Invoker. Like wtf that hero has already what 2 or 3 arcanas right? They should focus on supports or offlane more.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Nope, I didn't purchase it for one sole reason: I don't play DOTA 2 enough. I only play it a few times per month to see what's new and to not forget about the basics. I do love their whole Battle Pass System though and I wish more games would implement something similar to it. The whole 25% of the money goes to the final prize... how awesome is that?

My friend bought the pass since he is a big DOTA 2 player. He plays it too much. Anyway, he has only gotten the Staff of Gun-Yu. If I understand correctly you can't sell the immortal items yet?
Yeah you can't sell for 1 year I think. But actually, you can make money, sometimes a lot of money when you purchase battle pass. The key is to not open your treasures. ;) Now I am kind of regretting why I did not buy a battle pass. x.x

fishmonk

Reaction score
Awesome. What is your battle pass level now? Man I miss playing fantasy team league. It was one of the reasons why I bought Battle Pass last year. Yeah about the arcana vote. I hate it because there are still some people who vote for Invoker. Like wtf that hero has already what 2 or 3 arcanas right? They should focus on supports or offlane more.
My Battle Pass level is around 195. The arcana vote might be rigged too but we may never know. In terms of hero cosmetics, some heroes have it tough since the item creation is especially for popular heroes. Hopefully, the quality for the arcana will be good as some of the Arcanas do not justify the money spent. Player cards are not trade-able too for TI7 Battle Pass.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My Battle Pass level is around 195. The arcana vote might be rigged too but we may never know. In terms of hero cosmetics, some heroes have it tough since the item creation is especially for popular heroes. Hopefully, the quality for the arcana will be good as some of the Arcanas do not justify the money spent. Player cards are not trade-able too for TI7 Battle Pass.
Nice. Although I'm seeing people with battle pass levels off the chart! Like 10k+ or something. Do they even have a life? :D Yes, I agree that arcana vote is rigged. Remember the IO vs Jugg? IO was already leading! Jugg is like way way behind. And still, Jugg won. Valve made him won since they know that only a few people will play IO thus it's arcana won't be sold that much so they can't really make that much money. It's all about the money. Lord GabeN is really rich now. Oh it's tradeable now? I remember last year it isn't. And you still have to buy those packs if you want more cards.

Zeyad

Reaction score
Not yet but I wish I had, I believe it's a bit too late now, just have to wait for the next one to come out!

fishmonk

Reaction score
Nice. Although I'm seeing people with battle pass levels off the chart! Like 10k+ or something. Do they even have a life? :D Yes, I agree that arcana vote is rigged. Remember the IO vs Jugg? IO was already leading! Jugg is like way way behind. And still, Jugg won. Valve made him won since they know that only a few people will play IO thus it's arcana won't be sold that much so they can't really make that much money. It's all about the money. Lord GabeN is really rich now. Oh it's tradeable now? I remember last year it isn't. And you still have to buy those packs if you want more cards.
Well, some people have the money to spend. That is the main reason why their Battle Pass levels are so high. I think it's pretty hard to grind to obtain levels close to 500. Spending is necessary if you want to get the Aegis collectible item. Anyway, Io Arcana is available in this Battle Pass around Level 250 if I'm not mistaken. Cards are not marketable or tradeable.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Not yet but I wish I had, I believe it's a bit too late now, just have to wait for the next one to come out!
Yeah. Wish I had too. But I've been very busy lately. :/
Well, some people have the money to spend. That is the main reason why their Battle Pass levels are so high. I think it's pretty hard to grind to obtain levels close to 500. Spending is necessary if you want to get the Aegis collectible item. Anyway, Io Arcana is available in this Battle Pass around Level 250 if I'm not mistaken. Cards are not marketable or tradeable.
Right. They don't have to worry about anything since they can always afford buying Battle Pass or any epic items in the market. Yeah I've been seeing a lot of IO stuffs lately when it was announced. And it's lore is very cool. The sprite is very familiar too. Might have seen it in the Portal 2 game.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yes. It's better you sit out this one since TI is already drawing close. I wonder if the Battle Pass will be available for premier tournaments next season.

yoyoalben0

Reaction score
Well, this year I did not buy. I kind of regret not buying but at the same time, I feel glad. Although last year I bought the The International 2016 Battle Pass and I enjoyed it so much. I got a lot of good stuff but this year I am not really feeling it. Maybe because I love to watch the qualifier games instead of playing.

How about you? Did you purchase one? What rares have you got so far?
i bought this one. it gave me a lot of things like IO's arcana and rare things from treasures. what i love on this one is the wheel. they did put the "it's a disastah!" voice there. which is a great memory on the 6 million echo slam!
also i like most of the ultra rare immortals they put on the treasures. it's hard yes, but its worth it once you have at least one of those. i like getting the newly release immortal 3, the sven sword. but luck is not on my side, i didn't get it after opening 11 treasures.

fishmonk

Reaction score
i bought this one. it gave me a lot of things like IO's arcana and rare things from treasures. what i love on this one is the wheel. they did put the "it's a disastah!" voice there. which is a great memory on the 6 million echo slam!
also i like most of the ultra rare immortals they put on the treasures. it's hard yes, but its worth it once you have at least one of those. i like getting the newly release immortal 3, the sven sword. but luck is not on my side, i didn't get it after opening 11 treasures.
I hope they let us keep the sound wheel after TI.It's really difficult to get the Sven sword.I have not even gotten any Super Rare stuff.

Blaine019

Reaction score
I did not buy this year. It's because I had a bad run from the battle pass last year. All I got was normal items and immortals. I really wanted to buy one but I got so much in my life right now and I can't play too much, buying one would just be a waste of money.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Oh. Good for you man. Don't worry you might get it soon. There is still time. :)

I did not buy this year. It's because I had a bad run from the battle pass last year. All I got was normal items and immortals. I really wanted to buy one but I got so much in my life right now and I can't play too much, buying one would just be a waste of money.
Right. I feel you brother. I always think that if I buy one, then I wouldn't be able to play that much unlike last year. Probably because chuyay.

Last edited: