• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox 360 Did your Xbox 360 freeze if you played too long?

cortana

Reaction score
I would jump on Battlefield and after like 2 -3 hours of multiplayer, my Xbox 360 would just freeze out of nowhere. Always at the worst time too, like when I'm about to get a dog tag from a sniper I've been hunting!!

Only fix was to hard reset.

Eventually I got the red ring and tried to put some silver compound on my processor and fried the whole machine. I couldn't even put it back together correctly hahaha!!

It was time for an upgrade anyway!

thefratman

Reaction score
When I actually used it, I never got the RROD. Only times I remember my 360 freezing are when internet play decided it didn't like me.

Catactus

Reaction score
Not like that. But it froze on me pretty often just when I started playing.

acheno84

Reaction score
My console would actually freeze after a few hours of playing Fallout 3. It happened at all times, and usually after I had been walking around from city to city for a good hour or so and forgot to save. -____- Definitely the most annoying thing. I never got red rings though. I did have to hard reset mine as well a few times. It's been a few months since that's happened, but it's also been a few months since I've been able to spend that much time on it. Sorry to hear about your console. May it rest in pieces.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Well, I had two Xbox 360s. My first one I bought from an online company and I regret it. I don't know if it was damaged when I already got it or what but on random games it froze all the time. I'd play for 10 minutes and it would freeze. Then other days it would work well for hours. Half a year forward, everything crashed. Whole Xbox and I lost all the achievements, saves, EVERYTHING. I was so mad.

I threw it into the closet and got a new one. Now this one worked like a charm. I've played a game for 6+ hours without turning it off and it neve ever froze. I guess it's just how lucky you are.

Alanmwp

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the older systems froze a lot. I'm remember going through 2 xboxs' when I got the ring of death. I was able to save one Xbox only because a friend of mines decided to stick it in the oven to heat up the motherboard. To my surprise, it actually worked. It would be nice to know about to build one. In case of emergencies, I could easily replace the parts without buying a whole new system.

jelleh

Reaction score
It sure did. Mostly when I played heavy games like GTA and Black Ops.

john franklin

Reaction score
My Xbox 360 works perfect and fine. I never had a problem like this. I think there must be problem with your console. Get it checked by some Microsoft technician. It seems a hardware problem.

zeedollar

Reaction score
The 360 froze a lot, especially when i have gone around 4 - 5 hours straight. But the never version are more stable and i haven't noticed any issues yet.

Deathisue

Reaction score
My xbox 360 freezes a lot, it usually happens to me when playing skyrim or when I had up to 4 hours playing, I never knew the reason but it was very common for me.

RosieDaven

Reaction score
Mine never did that, and I didn't get RROD either. It works perfectly fine. (I'm owing it more than a year now.) The ventillation is kinda loud but that's all. Sometimes I check the insides, get rid of the dust, and such simple things. Oh I also sacrifice a lamb now and then and pray to the gods. Okay, this wasn't a good joke. I'm sorry, I'm leaving.

xXInfectedXx

Reaction score
Once I playing Call of Duty, my Xbox 360 froze half way through the game. I just restarted the console and it worked fine. That's a temporary fix.