• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you give your young children a tablet?

Corzhens

Reaction score
I am posting this thread because I have noticed that there are lots of children with tablets of their own. Even toddlers have theirs too huh. Is the tablet a status symbol or is it just being considered a toy nowadays? If you will notice the tablet users, they are mostly the very young and the very old who cannot read the small fonts on their phones. But maybe in the near future. the tablet will outgrow the laptop.

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
Children should not allow to use tablet at a very young age because it will change their focus and expose them too early to the world than when they were supposed to, if a child is given access to tablet at early age without parental control the child may get negative values from the internet and can influence the child behavior and view about things, he may spend most of his time concentrating on the phone instead of doing other things in life

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I think it's fine for young children to have tablets, or at least to just use their parents now and again for games and education.

EarlAlexander

Reaction score
If it is mainly for educational and gaming purpose then its alright but if it involves browsing on the internet I recommend a parent control.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
Tablet being handed over to children is not bad at all if and only if it is for their academic studies. In developed nations including some developing countries where the leaders are highly meticulous about the education of the children, the whole of the syllabus for the years of study could be loaded and installed on the tablet and that is simply called the tablet of knowledge.

On the other hand, where tablets are given to children for this same purpose, but browsing and gaming sections are not disabled, the children will take advantage of that and, thus, abuse the opportunity to their own detriment.

ballyhara

Reaction score
I used to think that I will never ever in my whole life give any device to a young one. But, a young one these days has more energy than the solar system. So, I noticed my little cousins were quiet with a tablet, but they were like zombies at the same time, they didn't want to stop playing, forgot about eating, taking a shower, they were addicted to them. That was the moment when their parents bought tablets for their ages, they have educational apps, activities, now they use them to learn how to read and write and practicing another language. So, yes, they can use them but according to their ages.

Igwechuks1993

Reaction score
Seriously I don't give young ones any of my electronic devices because they are likely to drop them on the floor or probably cause some damages that would result in me spending money to fix them. That's my reservations with them

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
Is the tablet a status symbol or is it just being considered a toy nowadays?

I don't quite think they're status symbols. Though people who can afford tablets do tend to walk around everywhere with them:tearsofjoy: In my opinion, tablets are good at occupying the young for long periods of time. I personally don't see a problem with them. So long as it's monitored and controlled.

But maybe in the near future. the tablet will outgrow the laptop.

From what I've researched, tablets have their lane in the market for electronics. However, I don't ever see them ever taking over laptops in the near or far future. They're convenient for on the go activity. But don't beat the feel of laptops and what they can offer in general.

GameCube

Reaction score
I wouldn't probably give a young kid anything technological. They will more than likely break it or damage it in some fashion - and this stuff isn't cheap to replace. However, though, there might be kid-friendly tablets.