• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Do you like sharing your games?

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Each game is pretty expensive so it is not possible for anyone to buy all of them. Sharing and exchanging games is the best resort.

I love to share my games with my friends. But there are a few who are very possessive about their games and don't like to share them at all.

What about others?

arachnophobik

Reaction score
I don't mind if it's an extra copy, specially if its a multiplayer game. I've had a couple of friends give me extra copies of their games too and I feel very grateful for that, so I don't mind doing the same if I had the chance :) But that's just me, if some people want to be possessive with it then go ahead, it's their money anyways lmao

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
When I was young ... Yes i like sharing cuz i cant a have new games to play if I'm not going to swap my games with my friend's collection.

Now... Hell no...

Linen

Reaction score
Not physical games, at least.

If there's something akin to a sharing feature with digital games, then I don't mind sharing them. I've done this before with people I've trusted to no issue. But at this point (to me) physical games are much too expensive to share unless it's with someone you know incredibly well.

Buying extra copies is a bit different than actually sharing, but I don't usually do this, mostly because the people I'd buy for would probably just buy it themselves if they wanted the game that much.

MLF

Reaction score
Physical discs? Nope. I know how good I take care of my stuff but you never truly know how someone else will. I will say it didn't used to be that way during the old cartridge days but once gaming moved to discs, my sharing days were over.

As for digital sharing, this was actually the #1 reason I was so excited about the original Xbox One announcement. That would have been a game changer IMO and was really disappointed when it got scrapped since it was part of their DRM layer.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I don't tend to share the physicals games because I have really bad experience. When I was younger, I had a boyfriend that also loved gaming. We exchanged games all the time since it is natural when you're in love. But then came the breakup. When I dumped him he still had 3 of my games. He completely destroyed the bottom side of the discs... he carved into them with a knife, haha. So yeah, that's the reason that I don't share games anymore.

However, I do enjoy sharing the digital ones. I absolutely love the feature Steam has that lets you share your game library. It is originally designed for family sharing but I use it to share my games with my partner in crime.

Makef0rt

Reaction score
I don't mind if it's an extra copy, specially if its a multiplayer game. I've had a couple of friends give me extra copies of their games too and I feel very grateful for that, so I don't mind doing the same if I had the chance :) But that's just me, if some people want to be possessive with it then go ahead, it's their money anyways lmao

I never had problems with sharing. Especially during Steam sales. Well, technically, it was gifting a game, if that counts. I have been gifted some games over steam as well.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I would only do that if I know very well the person, I used to share games with some of my highschool friends and it was ok because I knew they took as much as good care as I did of the discs, also they knew that if they would've screwed up any of my discs I would seek for vengeance :tearsofjoy:.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not a selfish person. But generally speaking, I don't share my games with my friends. It's mainly due to the fact that my friends are not responsible for other people's possessions. I've lent out games, controllers, and even headphones that were returned defective or malfunctioning. Because of this, I normally don't let out the titles, nor equipment I buy. I do, however, sell and trade games between my friends quite often. Someone's always looking to buy, and I can usually get a better deal then your local GameStop's if I preserve them.

pioneerauthor

Reaction score
I actually play different types of games alone using my laptop, but I used to play games along with my friends when I was in school. We used to share games, betting sometimes whenever we were idle in school just to have fun.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
Sharing games completely depends on personal interest of a person. I share game even if I don't have an extra copy. I don't play any game constantly but with breaks in between. So I don't mind sharing them during the times when I'm playing a different game.

amitkokiladitya

Reaction score
I actually play different types of games alone using my laptop, but I used to play games along with my friends when I was in school. We used to share games, betting sometimes whenever we were idle in school just to have fun.
Betting for games can be real fun and excitement. I must admit that you have good childhood memories associated it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I only share games that I don't play anymore, I don't share games that I still play, because my friends don't return the games that I lend them. Learned that lesson the hard way.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I share my games with my best friend. Would share with others too if they wanted to but none of that said they do. I agree that is a good thing to do since games are expensive and not all of us can afford to buy all of the games we would want to. And after all it is a good way to try the game out at least and if we do like it, we can buy it some time in the future.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Back when I was a kid and games were ran from CDs, then definitely yes. But now with the advent of Steam and other digital games with restrictions on number of PCs used, as well as only having one account meaning all achievements run through it, then no, I don't share games anymore. It's not as easy as giving it to someone, since it's your hours that will be logged in, and your achievements they will get instead of you doing it for yourself. People rent their accounts (especially in online gaming with ladders to climb), but that's definitely not for me.

Ipa07

Reaction score
I like to share my games. It's not a problem for me.

Denis_P

Reaction score
It would depend on who I'm sharing it with. I've had too many bad experiences with lending physical copies of games where the disc was returned in a horrible state. The truth just is that many people do not respect their own property so you cannot expect them to treat your property with respect either, so it's important to know who your games are going to. If I know the person will treat my property with respect then I have no problem with lending physical games. As for digital games, sorry but ain't no one getting their hands on my Steam account.

Jonathan Solomon

Reaction score
It would depend on who I'm sharing it with. I've had too many bad experiences with lending physical copies of games where the disc was returned in a horrible state. The truth just is that many people do not respect their own property so you cannot expect them to treat your property with respect either, so it's important to know who your games are going to. If I know the person will treat my property with respect then I have no problem with lending physical games. As for digital games, sorry but ain't no one getting their hands on my Steam account.

The Steam bit made me laugh:tearsofjoy: which is also another reason I don't give out games anymore. Everything has become digital nowadays, so I don't really have to ability to lend PC games in particular at this point in the digital age of downloaded titles online.

AnthonyB

Reaction score
Nope. Not at all. I used to share and trade my games when I was in elementary school. I wish I could explain the quality in which I used to get my games back. I remember I traded one of my games to this one kid, I didn't get it back the whole school year. When I did finally get it back, it was all scratched up and it had toothpaste all over it. He told me someone told him that toothpaste fixes cracks and scratches in disks. I was so pissed.

StolenKid

Reaction score
I do like sharing games, specially when I have a really good experience with one, like The Last Of Us, I shared it with my friend and he told me he almost cried.