• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite DotA 2 Team

Squigly

Reaction score
Does anyone follow competitive DotA 2? If so, who's your favorite team?

Mine is Cloud9, I really like Aui_2000 as a player, and EternalEnvy and FATA are great at their roles as well. Shame that they have yet to get first place, instead getting second place 9 times at tournaments over this year. Hopefully the tenth time's the charm :p

huckfinn

Reaction score
I think my favourite team at the moment is Team Secret, they have some great players and seem to think outside the box a little more than most other teams. I used to like Cloud 9 a lot as well because they would often come up with unconventional strategies and line-ups, but they seem to have become somewhat more conventional nowadays. I also think it's a shame Singsing left, although I must say FATA has been playing very well for C9 so far. One other team I'd like to mention is Vici Gaming, their performance has been amazing lately and it's good to finally see Black on a strong team.

I used to enjoy watching Natus Vincere a lot as well actually, but unfortunately they've really dropped off lately. They were a lot of fun to watch when they were at their best though, especially around the time of The International 2 and The International 3. I hope their performance will improve in the near future.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
Its hard to pick a favorite team. All the top teams are always peoples favorites, and unless you go to a tournament or have played in one you do not really get to see all the teams. Everyone speaks so highly of Cloud 9. I think a lot of people liked them becauase of thier different tactics and how they can pull things out of thier butt so quickly.

The real amazing thing is how many people play the game and do not even know there are sponsored teams that battle it out for millions of dollars a year :)

BluBird

Reaction score
Well, Alliance have been dominating everybody over the past few months, so they're probably your safest bet as far as Winner prediction.

Obviously things can change though, and everyone has bad games/bad days, so who can really say who'll end up winning. I think Alliance are the hands-down favorite, though.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
Well, Alliance have been dominating everybody over the past few months, so they're probably your safest bet as far as Winner prediction.

Obviously things can change though, and everyone has bad games/bad days, so who can really say who'll end up winning. I think Alliance are the hands-down favorite, though.
That is the best thing abut dota. I love to see a team get big heads because they think the game is in the bag, they have 1 or 2 lanes taken all the way down no barracks no towers and almost the whole 3rd lane cleaned out, then OOPS they make a fatal mistake in a team fight and OH NO the other team comes back runs right up the middle takes out the towers the barracks and the ancient and GAME OVER. what was a sure win became a horrible loss all because of one mistake, No TP no buy back simple little things that can determine the true outcome of a game.

Squigly

Reaction score

Alliance has had a shuffle in team players though, with s4 and EGM now in team Secret, overall I think the team is slightly weaker now. They were first in TI3, let's see if they can achieve the same result in TI5!

d4rk3n

Reaction score
To be honest, alliance is just a shadow of its former self. I think alliance still hasn't been able to recover from the removal of s4 and EGM. Especially, EGM, because his heroes (IO for example) allowed alliance to draft the heroes that they wanted (io + alchemist, IO + lifestealer, etc.). Its hard to find a solid IO player like EGM.
By the way, my favorite team is VP.P
I love what Illidan does as a carry. The drafts are always quite versatile, thanks to the big hero pool of the players.
I hope they can get to top 8 in TI5.

huckfinn

Reaction score
So some of the big teams in the western scene have been switching up their line-ups recently. How do you guys think this will affect the strength of these teams?

C9 - lost Aui2000 and Pieliedie, probably adding Big Daddy/n0tail and Misery
EG - lost Arteezy and Zai, added SumaiL and Aui2000
Secret - lost Big Daddy/n0tail and Simba/Fly, added Arteezy and Zai

Alliance's new roster is still unclear, and it seems that EGM is leaving Team Tinker (unclear who will replace him - but apparently Singsing has been hinting at some changes happening, possibly even a new team altogether). It's interesting that this big reshuffle is happening now, I guess teams want to get their roster in order in the lead up to TI5!

Personally I think EG and C9 have gotten a little bit weaker and Secret has gotten a little bit stronger, but it's difficult to know for sure until we see these teams in action.

m33kuh

Reaction score
My favorite teams as of the moment are EG and OG. They both show impressive playstyle and coordination. They even have direct invite to Ti7. The members are just very pro and I believe they are the strongest team so far.

Gladdy

Reaction score
My favorite teams as of the moment are EG and OG. They both show impressive playstyle and coordination. They even have direct invite to Ti7. The members are just very pro and I believe they are the strongest team so far.
I am also a fan of EG. They just continuously impressed me with their games. They are extremely strong right now and even the first in the current standings. Hope it remains like that! I absolutely love watching Arteezy on heroes like Tinker and Phantom Assassin.

I used to support Fnatic but EG won me over.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I am also a fan of EG. They just continuously impressed me with their games. They are extremely strong right now and even the first in the current standings. Hope it remains like that! I absolutely love watching Arteezy on heroes like Tinker and Phantom Assassin.
Same here. But does Arteezy play Tinker? Phantom Assasin yes. But I haven't seen him play Tinker. Tinker is a mid hero so that's Suma1L's.
EG is definitely a strong team. And another stronger team is OG. With or without Miracle-, they still prove that they can compete.

overcast

Reaction score
Back when I was following the tournaments, I used to have some favorites. And I also used to follow some teams. My favorite team at that time was - EG. After that I used to play local and didn't follow anyone much. So it's worth taking that experience.

fishmonk

Reaction score
My favourite team is Fnatic. I hope they perform well despite the lack of attendances at premier LANS. Realistically, a top 6 finish would be great for them.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Back when I was following the tournaments, I used to have some favorites. And I also used to follow some teams. My favorite team at that time was - EG. After that I used to play local and didn't follow anyone much. So it's worth taking that experience.
Good pick. EG is like the god of all teams currently. They are very strong. But there are also strong teams like Secret and OG and also VP. But I personally think that EG is by far the strongest team as of this current meta.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Good pick. EG is like the god of all teams currently. They are very strong. But there are also strong teams like Secret and OG and also VP. But I personally think that EG is by far the strongest team as of this current meta.
Yeah, I agree. EG is definitely very strong. However, they sometimes lose due to drafting issues.

Zeyad

Reaction score
Team Liquid because I love Miracle I think he's great

m33kuh

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. EG is definitely very strong. However, they sometimes lose due to drafting issues.
Yeah. I just saw a replay from their match with Liquid. I think it was in Dream League, they lost to Miracle- Ursa. But still they aren't an easy team to beat for sure.
Team Liquid because I love Miracle I think he's great
Yeah. Miracle- is one of the best players in Dota 2. Be it killing spree, juking, or playing support, he can do it all with ease. He makes playing Dota 2 so easy but the truth is, he just got some madzkills. :D

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah. I just saw a replay from their match with Liquid. I think it was in Dream League, they lost to Miracle- Ursa. But still they aren't an easy team to beat for sure.

Yeah. Miracle- is one of the best players in Dota 2. Be it killing spree, juking, or playing support, he can do it all with ease. He makes playing Dota 2 so easy but the truth is, he just got some madzkills. :D
Miracle is good but I feel that team Liquid misses Jerax. GH is great and all but his impact as a position 4 is lacking.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I don't follow competitive Dota 2 scene, as I used to. My favorite team was the old NaVi, with Dendi, XBOCT, funn1k, kuroky and puppey. They won the first International, but they were my favorites long before that. Was very sad when they disbanded, but I usually cheer for them now, when I see them play, even when they have a completely different lineup now.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Miracle is good but I feel that team Liquid misses Jerax. GH is great and all but his impact as a position 4 is lacking.
Lol. I disagree 900%. I have been following Team Liquid a lot and probably you have seen only one or two games and they were bad specially for GH. Try to watch GH's best plays. He is by far the best support player I've ever seen who can catch up and be competitive in anyway possible. Watch their game specially the Dream League 2017. He owned the enemy teams by doing imba pro plays and even sets up for his team.