• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite Game Mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
Well, i suppose bears are just big squirrels to someone with an arachnophobia hahaha. It would be nice if all games offered modding capabilities as extensive as Skyrim's. Nobody would be afraid anymore (Might not work so well with the survival horror genre haha)
Just look at them, they look so freakin'...fluffy.
And yeah, Skyrim's truly a game for everyone. You want the game to be harder? Sure thing. You don't like this thing? Removal/replacement mods are on their way. You want to dual wield lightsaber while slaying a dragon? Why not! As absurd as some things are, they are still incredibly helpful to keep the game fresh. Mods have almost turned Skyrim into a sandbox game.

WarVet

Reaction score
Just look at them, they look so freakin'...fluffy.
And yeah, Skyrim's truly a game for everyone. You want the game to be harder? Sure thing. You don't like this thing? Removal/replacement mods are on their way. You want to dual wield lightsaber while slaying a dragon? Why not! As absurd as some things are, they are still incredibly helpful to keep the game fresh. Mods have almost turned Skyrim into a sandbox game.

This reminds me of a certain hilarious mod. Thomas the tank engine in Skyrim:

I dare you not to laugh. Also, there are Youtube channels dedicated solely to make videos of Skyrim mods. Worth checking it out.

arachnophobik

Reaction score
Mine would probably be the Marriable Serana mod in Skyrim. What? I love immersion and I think she's beautiful :mad: Kidding aside (or am I?) I like the Mantcho Man Randy Savage mods in Bethesda games. As a big fan of WWE, I respect it and I also love the humor. The Randy Savage Alduin was amazing and the Deathclaw version was even better. Literally took away all the fear I had for Deathclaws.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I don't really mod games too often except Minecraft, Skyrim, and Fallout. My favorite game mod comes from Fallout 3 and it's called ''Wanderers Edition'' - it is basically an overhaul of the Fallout 3 and changing and improving some of the core things and making it far more challenging and survival based.

I don't really understand people that use like hundred different mods though. I saw some screenshots where there were mods of different games that COMPLETELY changed what the actual game was. What's the point in that?

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
This reminds me of a certain hilarious mod. Thomas the tank engine in Skyrim:

I dare you not to laugh. Also, there are Youtube channels dedicated solely to make videos of Skyrim mods. Worth checking it out.
Oh god, I knew about that mod, but that's my first time watching this video. How the heck did I live all this time without it?
Yeah, I think I saw a few, although I'm not a huge follower. I do remember about a mod that added Splatoon guns and...one that replaced horses with ponies. From MLP. If you want the game to go weird, sky's the limi-
...Nevermind.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
The mod that became a game of his own, of course: Garry's Mod! Ok now it's more of a proper game than a mod... but it have mod in the tilte, and we could consider it a mod for the source engine!
I enjoy it in almost all his aspects: endless possibilities in single player, lots of fun game modes in multiplayer, and the workshop is one of the hugest ones on Steam! When a mod become one of the most played game on Steam, you know it's a good mod.

kgord

Reaction score
Well when my roommate was active in Mafia Wars he was a Godfather and became a mod. I think he liked the interaction of the game, and the leadership position. I guess perhaps he was my favorite mod, I don't really know any others to be honest!

xicor97

Reaction score
Have alot of them but i like mods for Mount and blade they are awesome

WarVet

Reaction score
Oh god, I knew about that mod, but that's my first time watching this video. How the heck did I live all this time without it?
Yeah, I think I saw a few, although I'm not a huge follower. I do remember about a mod that added Splatoon guns and...one that replaced horses with ponies. From MLP. If you want the game to go weird, sky's the limi-
...Nevermind.

This is so awesome. I know Skyrim is known for mods and there are a few cool sexy(literally) Mods out there. But this out? Modding at its finest. I wouldn't mind playing the real game with Thomas instead of Dragons hahaha

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
This is so awesome. I know Skyrim is known for mods and there are a few cool sexy(literally) Mods out there. But this out? Modding at its finest. I wouldn't mind playing the real game with Thomas instead of Dragons hahaha
Oh the Skyrim one is great! ;) ;) I once played a very nice time with Lydia, the housecarl follower eheh

luispas

Reaction score
I think that my favorite ones are the Don't Starve mods, they are really cool because they expand the map (much more) and you can travel to so many new islands, you also have the chance to see new creatures and collect new items too. I think I won't get bored of playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.