• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite graphic software

Chahine Bond

Reaction score
What's your favorite graphic software?
I would go with gimp, it's simple and easy.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Mine is Photoshop since it is the first one I ever used.

Zahreah

Reaction score
Photoshop, That's probs going to be almost everyones answer :p

Naiwen

Reaction score
Alas; mine favourite is paint please!

Stealth

Reaction score
Going to be a grave digger and say Photoshop.

Fuzed

Reaction score
I make some of my work with MS Paint Pro Diamond Edition.
I also use Photoshop online :7
No but PS CS6

Zahreah

Reaction score
You only have the Pro Diamond version.
Due you need to upgrade.
In the Super Pro Diamond version they added a new color.
Totally worth the price.

Fuzed

Reaction score
Voi said:
You only have the Pro Diamond version.
Due you need to upgrade.
In the Super Pro Diamond version they added a new color.
Totally worth the price.

Hmm,I spent $150,I don't $300 to upgrade,but I do have $299.99 to upgrade PS Online to Mega Platinum.

Calcified

Reaction score
It depends on what I'm using it for, for painting, I personally prefer using Photoshop, but for photo manipulation, I'm oddly drawn to Gimp and have always felt more comfortable with it, despite Photoshop having more features and customization options for image manipulation. Though that might be because I haven't been using PS for as long as Gimp, since the price tag on it was and still is through the roof.

SharaElyse

Reaction score
I used to hate Gimp, but I can't afford Photoshop and SAI is confusing, so I went in and played with Gimp a little more and it has become my favorite program for creating artwork. If I'm ever confused, I can easily Google tutorials and they help me make my artwork better!

Patrick

Reaction score
I used to hate Gimp, but I can't afford Photoshop and SAI is confusing, so I went in and played with Gimp a little more and it has become my favorite program for creating artwork. If I'm ever confused, I can easily Google tutorials and they help me make my artwork better!
I was in the exact same boat as you. I used Photoshop in school, then graduated and could not afford to purchase CS5 so I started using Gimp and it'as actually really nice.

DeFence

Reaction score
Gimp. It's free, most importantly, and it has similar functions as Photoshop.

Occasionally I use SAI as well, it's about the closest you can get to having the actual feel of drawing on a sketchbook. It's not as pricey as Photoshop.

overcast

Reaction score
I think for me it has to be coreldraw. I used to love flash for the type of graphics it can create. But after using the coreldraw and making some good graphics. I have found that coreldraw and Photoshop are lot better. Just not sure how much it can help me to make money. So that's another reason to experiment with these programs.

m33kuh

Reaction score
I think for me it has to be coreldraw. I used to love flash for the type of graphics it can create. But after using the coreldraw and making some good graphics. I have found that coreldraw and Photoshop are lot better. Just not sure how much it can help me to make money. So that's another reason to experiment with these programs.
I have used CorelDrawX5 before when I was working a printing shop. But somehow I forgot how to use it because I wasn't working there anymore, it has been quite a while too. I don't have it installed on my computer either. :D But yes I agree, CorelDraw seems to be just fine. Then there is Adobe Ai.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
GIMP. As most people who use it, I can't afford Photoshop, and GIMP looked like the most promising alternative. I was surprised by how well made it was, to be fair, and I've rarely felt like I was missing out on anything.
The only thing I can point out is that there are way more custom brushes for Photoshop than for GIMP, but that's due to their respective userbases. However, functionality-wise, I haven't found GIMP to be lacking in any particular department.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Photoshop. Thats the only one I know how to use...
How did you learn to use Photoshop? I also use Photoshop from time to time. But I only know a couple of things such as ID making, photo editing, putting effects on layers. I still don't know those other features like photo manipulating and other cool stuff. :/

Kharyode

Reaction score
I love this post. Want to know about yours.
I love gimp and photoshop.. There are my favorite graphics software.

valy

Reaction score
This depends on may factors but I usually use Photoshop, besides they made a big progress on the user interface and it's much easier to go from photoshop to gimp. If you're just starting out, why not take gimp as your favorite graphic tool, because it's only getting better.