• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favorite ranked role?

angrychicken

Reaction score
What is your favorite role to play in ranked? What role makes it easier for to climb the ladder?
In my personal experience, Jungle is by far the easiest role for carrying the games and climbing from a division to another. As a jungler you can make every lane win, or at least one of them win so hard that their opponent will be in a really bad place and not be able to help his team at all.

Nehssa

Reaction score
I agree, jungle is probably one of the best positions to carry with. I've had a lot of junglers that completely dominated the game, and it was pretty sweet haha.

Personally, I enjoy playing mid/support/adc in no particular order. I really need to work on my ADC skills, I'm pretty abysmal at CS and kiting. :c ADC is my favorite role to play, but I don't think I'm good enough to carry with it.

guruproto

Reaction score
I believe Mid and Jungle are the easiest role to carry with. A good jungler can provide map pressure and potentially turn a losing lane. Even if your team is doing poorly, a jungler with a strong late game can afk farm and carry his team, although it is more difficult. Mid laners can carry a team, too. Mid has the shortest distance from both lanes, so it's very easy to clear the wave and visit bottom or top to get some kills. And most top tier mid laners can snowball from a few kills and delete carries off the map.

However, top lane is my preferred choice. If you choose teleport and pick a lane bully like Darius, Fiora or Renekton, you can provide pressure to every area of the map and provide a huge impact on the game.

Belovedad

Reaction score
I usually go for the ADC role. I believe that if your lane goes well then you have a good chance of winning. Bot lane is responsible for 4 players in the game so if you can make 2 of the enemy team mates extremely weak going into mid game then you have a huge advantage.

FenWoFon

Reaction score
I am one of those guys who plays Dota 2 and LoL simultaniously and I personally enjoy playing top in LoL because I can go solo and somehow get fed real quick harassing the enemy a lot, I also enjoy playing mid with Zed such a hard character to master but I am still trying to play it properly, it is kinda confusing but I am on my way.

Sk3tch

Reaction score
I'll go with Jungle first and then Top second. Jungle can influence the entire map and help those behind and push those ahead into a larger advantage. Plus most junglers in the meta right now tend to be able to just carry a game by themselves, see Nidalee. As for top lane, with tanks being the predominant role you can become an unkillable cc threat to the enemy team if you go with something like Nautilus or Maokai. Or even just pick Poppy or Gangplank and deal insane amounts of damage while still being a big tank.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
My favorite role is Top. I enjoy playing top because I don't find the whole team in my lane all game unlike when I play Bot or Mid. It's also very peaceful and usually isn't as stressful wondering where the jungler is going to come from. Also, your teammates tend to flame you less unless you feed the enemy toplaner to a ridiculous extent. Though the one downside of dealing with toplane are people like Teemo mains and Darius mains that make you want to stop living. Overall Top and Mid lane are the most suitable for me and my playstyle.

AlexHarris

Reaction score
My favorite role is Top. I enjoy playing top because I don't find the whole team in my lane all game unlike when I play Bot or Mid. It's also very peaceful and usually isn't as stressful wondering where the jungler is going to come from like in bot lane where you get camped by the jungler and mid laner. Or mid lane where at some point in the game everyone is going to be right in the middle of your lane taking your farm and eventually you will be the one getting roamed on by the enemy Thresh. Also, your teammates tend to flame you less unless you feed the enemy toplaner to a ridiculous extent. Though the one downside of dealing with toplane are people like Teemo mains and Darius mains that make you want to stop living. Don't forget those pesky jungle Overall Top and Mid lane are the most suitable for me and my playstyle.

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I'm ADC main through and through in ranked. It really helps that my roommate and duo partner is a support main, and we synergize really well bot lane. It's also nice being able to communicate with him easily and knowing each other's playstyles really well. He knows when to engage generally, and I'll always follow him up as best I can. I enjoy playing bot because I feel like aside from jungle, it's probably the most interesting and unique role to play. You never know what's going to happen in lane!

Miles Hansen

Reaction score
I'm apparently a masochist because way back I decided to be a permanent support main! Yay! I WOULD NOT recommend! To be honest, people in solo queue are ***holes! Especially ADCs who think they are God's gift to mankind because they can kite and lasthit pretty good. I swear to god, League players are the main reason why people don't like playing League. I picked support because I like helping people, but do you ever get a single thank you? NO! Anyway, now that my semi-rant is over, I'd say that mid or top is the most straightforward way to climb, but Jungle is easier if you don't mind a lot of people yelling at you in chat and blaming every single little thing on you. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

TheArticulate

Reaction score
I'm apparently a masochist because way back I decided to be a permanent support main! Yay! I WOULD NOT recommend! To be honest, people in solo queue are ***holes! Especially ADCs who think they are God's gift to mankind because they can kite and lasthit pretty good. I swear to god, League players are the main reason why people don't like playing League. I picked support because I like helping people, but do you ever get a single thank you? NO! Anyway, now that my semi-rant is over, I'd say that mid or top is the most straightforward way to climb, but Jungle is easier if you don't mind a lot of people yelling at you in chat and blaming every single little thing on you. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Hi Miles, as an ADC main who works hard to not be a jerk in game, I'd like to thank you for your service to the community. Dedicating yourself to the role of support is a selfless thing to do, and I see it all the time in my roommate who mains support. Being that your job is to keep me safe and help me secure kills so I can become the snowballing, showoff-y, Draven main that I am, people like you deserve the recognition.

I can't count the times my roommate has sacrificed himself for me or my teammates in game. I appreciate how deliberate he is in warding and vision control in game, and that he communicates when our laners are missing, or if their jungler is leaving our lane.

The game needs more players like you and my roommate, keep it up!

Gladdy

Reaction score
I was also one of those ''support only'' people. I was honestly just scared of playing any other roles because I thought I'd do horribly and get flamed for it. It gave me a bit of ranked anxiety but over time and with the experience I've broken out of it. I started maining middle and top and became decent for the ELO that I was in.

I just feel like, if you're lower ELO and you only play support, you rely so heavily on your teammates that it can be very frustrating. You hardly have any big impact pass early-mid game. If you are paired up with an incompatible ADC you're screwed. You can help the ADC lane to a certain extent but you can't last hit for him and so on. So, like I've said, I started putting more time into top/mid and my ELO went up really quickly. Just abuse the meta op champions and enjoy :D

Skybandino

Reaction score
Jungle is my main and favorite roll to play. You can scour the map, set up ganks, or just bully one guy and tilt them to no tomorrow! As jungler you are the objective master and you have great influence on all lanes.

Pady

Reaction score
100% Jungle. Because for basic reason. I like to harasse guys. :tonguewink:
Joking.
It is my favorite role to play.

Mr. Kiborgue

Reaction score
My favorite ranked role is jungle for now, because i can carry all my lanes by giving kills to them!
I prefer playing with Sejuani simply because she has tons of cc that people right now since the new patch cant play against.
I realized that in lower ELOs teams with tanks usually win, because there is no team coordination, they just run in and fight!

lexcion

Reaction score
I love playing jungle because I don't like laning against someone. I'm actually very good at laning but I just don't like the pressure of trying to outperform an opponent, and its just relaxing to slay a bunch of camps with minimal threat. I main Hecarim and Olaf in the jungle which is basically all I play but if I get chosen in lane I always stomp with Wukong or Zed.

Javo1096

Reaction score
I go jungle every time whether it's a normal or a ranked game, it's a role that has a lot of weight put into it and to me it's the role that most probably can carry a game, just take control over your side of the map and with the correct ganks you can win any time.

luispas

Reaction score
It was adc, I played it a lot but then I start playing mid and it was pretty cool. Right now I'm back with adc again :tearsofjoy: so, those lanes are my favorite for ranked.

alastor1

Reaction score
I'm not playing a lot of rankeds lately, I feel that I suck on my main lane which is mid and I'm starting playing more as Support, I'm more useful, I always win, it's easy for me, fun. So right now Support is my ranked role.
I tried to play jungle, but it's something really hard, you have to be watching everyone and everywhere and help as much as you can to your hole team. Not my style.

Alex

Reaction score
My two roles and Jungle and ADC. I'm not sure why but a lot of people tell me this is an odd combination. I switch between the two based on which I feel can carry the strongest in whatever meta it is. When I jungle I like to play Hecarim and Graves. In the ADC role I enjoy playing Lucian and Vayne.