• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Favourite COD

lorcan

Reaction score
What is your favourite Call of Duty game?

Mine was Modern warfare 3, I just thought the missions in this game were really cool, and the weapons were great as well. It was very interactive and the multiplayer was great as well, I could spend hours on it at a time.

ReaperTV

Reaction score
Mine would be Black Ops 2. I just loved the competitive support for the game. It was the most interesting time for although my favorite team did bad at the end.
It was a nice looking game with good gun balance and had great maps.

RadialPerson

Reaction score
It's a toss up between Black Ops 2 and Call of Duty 4. I loved the future stuff from Black Ops 2 and the amazing scorestreaks, the map design was also a lot better than other Call of Duty's. CoD 4 was revolutionary when I first got it though and I still play it occasionally on PC even after 6 years when it first launched.

techbeast34

Reaction score
Modern Warfare 2. I honestly think that was the highest point of CoD before it started going downhill. After MW2, the community started getting worse, basically being plagued by immature kids, and the skill actually needed to play CoD games went down after that. Most of the games after had campaigns that would take about 4-6 hours to complete, which IMO isn't enough gameplay for a campaign. MW2, while it may have had it's glitches and exploits, that's pretty expected for a game that was just released at the time. I basically played it so much that the disc scratched. I have to get another copy sometime.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Toss up between MW2 and WaW. After that they all went to shit and became too repetitive in my opinion. But I guess that's what happens when you make so many games from the one series.

joshposh

Reaction score
My vote is still the first Black OPs. Why? At the time that it came out, I was blown away at the story line maps. Also, personally, I was familiar with the weaponry in real life. So I really clicked with the game because it related to my real life experiences. Now on the other hand Ghost had weapons I had no clue about. Maybe my age is starting to show?

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I still enjoy COD Modern Warfare, i dont know why, I just enjoy playing this one. I have a few different CODs but I always find myself picking Modern Warfare when it comes time to play COD. I especially attracted to the special Ops section my favorite is the challenge of killing as many enemies as possible, Well to be honest i like them all. Each OP has its strengths and weaknesses and I could sit for hours just doing them trying to earn as many stars as possible in each OP.

PvtParts

Reaction score
Man, I loved the first Modern Warfare. I played that for months on end, when I was in high school. My parents never knew LOL. Yeah, and then the games got progressively weaker after each installment.

PvtParts

Reaction score
Man, I loved the first Modern Warfare. I played that for months on end, when I was in high school. My parents never knew LOL. Yeah, and then the games got progressively weaker after each installment.

Squigly

Reaction score
Black Ops II for me, Ghosts and Advanced Warfare have been pretty mediocre I feel.

BJL717

Reaction score
My favorite Call of Duty would definitely be Modern Warfare 2. By far, no other Call of Duty can compare to this one. It was so much fun, but the only downfall, in my opinion, were the "Noobtubes". Other than that, everything was fine to me.

JayWifi

Reaction score
My favorite call of duty is mostly Black Ops. The guns and maps were very memorable which keep me coming back to play them once in a while. I also felt that the damage system was rather fair in that title compared to other CODs. Back in Black Ops you were able to spot someone take a few shots and run out without being killed, compared to other titles where if you're spotted you're dead in two seconds. Zombies mode was definitely one of the best feature in Black Ops however, often out shining multiplayer.

BluBird

Reaction score
I'd say Modern Warfare 2 is the best. It peaked in the series with the best gameplay and maps when I played it at a friend's house. Black Ops 2 was not much different other than the Zombie mode (which got old).

I watched some YouTube walkthroughs of CoD 4, and it seems to have the best story with the most realistic and simplistic weapons which is just lovable -- as it reminds me of Counter Strike which revolves around a simple combat formula which made it lovable.

But I much prefer classic Halo games (like Reach) over CoD, any day of my lifetime.

Atlas_Hope

Reaction score
Call of Duty 4 is hands down my favorite game, it managed to have a campaign that wasn't like a ridiculous action movie and maintained some level of realism, who could forget your character getting caught up in the nuke blast in the city. It also had the most balanced multiplayer, with some of my favorite levels in the series and each gun being extremely distinct from one another.

My other favorites would be Modern Warfare 2, and Advanced Warfare made me come back and enjoy the series after being scorned with how horrendous MW3 and a few prior games were.

PvtParts

Reaction score
But to be honest, there's really one thing I really, really, really love from the later Treyarch installments: the motherfucking dolphin dive. Is there a mod for COD4 that enables you to dolphin dive? Because if there is, I can think of a lot of places that that diving shit would look badass.

Dadas

Reaction score
Favorite Call of Duty would have to be Black Ops 2 considering it was my first. I feel like this game was nearly perfect from the campaign to zombies.

COD

Reaction score
The original Modern Warfare is one that I always go back to. The graphics and game play are better in the later titles, but there's just something about the original. Maybe it's because Captain Price and the others are in it more than some of the others. And the latest CODs that I've played, which are Ghosts, Black OPs, and Black OPs 2, were nowhere near as good as I expected. COD MW 3 would probably be my next choice after the original.

fire421

Reaction score
My favorite was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2. I felt like the games started to become too similar and generic after that.

gamer123

Reaction score
My favorite call of duty is number four. The reason being is because of the campain missions that are extream. You find yourself in a ton of gunfire and need to fight back. The gameplay is unreal. That's why number four is the best.

RUTHLESS

Reaction score
It's got to be Black Ops 2. I particularly like the zombies in that one. The maps are better in it,as well. It's actually the only COD I play anymore. I haven't tried Ghost yet, though.