• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

finding staff

sage12

Reaction score
Well, we need staff on our sites. It all comes down to being able to find the right person for the jobs someone that's polite and trustworthy is a good place to start. Where do you find your staff nowa days? I no I have a hard time trying to find people, what about you?

Electric Shock

Reaction score
Many people apply for staff, but not much actually turn out worthy of them.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Electric Shock said:
Many people apply for staff, but not much actually turn out worthy of them.

You spoke those words out of my mouth.

Zahreah

Reaction score
You guys never answered his question.

As it currently stands, our staff members are the regulars to the site, they are the people who as stated in your posts, are trustworthy etc etc.
We don't really go looking for staff, if we ever need some, we just post an announcement and most of the people who never previously had a chance now will and the break would allow us to get a feeling for the people who would be best for the job.

If you're looking for staff yourself, dont go posting on other sites or whatever, you will just end up with people who want a shiny badge and colored username and arent actually dedicated to the site anyway, look for the people who fit what you want who are already on your site, then you know they will be more dedicated.

Demon_skeith

Reaction score
ask around forum promotion, you'll find some good people there but just do your homework on them.

I've gotten all my staff by staying active on other forums and asking people who I've come to know well.

sage12

Reaction score
Voi said:
You guys never answered his question.

As it currently stands, our staff members are the regulars to the site, they are the people who as stated in your posts, are trustworthy etc etc.
We don't really go looking for staff, if we ever need some, we just post an announcement and most of the people who never previously had a chance now will and the break would allow us to get a feeling for the people who would be best for the job.

If you're looking for staff yourself, dont go posting on other sites or whatever, you will just end up with people who want a shiny badge and colored username and arent actually dedicated to the site anyway, look for the people who fit what you want who are already on your site, then you know they will be more dedicated.

That's very true, +rep :) thanks for the info!

Tucker933

Reaction score
I personally don't accept those who volunteer themselves for a staff position because they're often someone simply looking for the prestige or power. I have no lack of capable and responsible people to choose from for such positions, so I can't say I really have a strategy. I'm very picky with who I put in any position of power, thankfully I have a good selection in my community.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
Tucker933 said:
I personally don't accept those who volunteer themselves for a staff position because they're often someone simply looking for the prestige or power. I have no lack of capable and responsible people to choose from for such positions, so I can't say I really have a strategy. I'm very picky with who I put in any position of power, thankfully I have a good selection in my community.

I don't blame you for being picky, It would actually be better for a forum owner to be picky about choosing there staff because a bad choice could hurt you big time. You are giving someone a lot of extra permissions on your forum that can easily be abused. And don't forget the staff are the face of the forum really, so yeah you should be picky.

Referal

Reaction score
Well, we need staff on our sites. It all comes down to being able to find the right person for the jobs someone that's polite and trustworthy is a good place to start. Where do you find your staff nowa days? I no I have a hard time trying to find people, what about you?

What I used to when I had a good established forum is ask on Forum Promotion or any Promotion Webmaster site if I see a bad application when bad grammar (Not like all the words) I mean like one sentences no punctuation like really bad grammar I would not hire them if someone had a bad grammar but had some punctuation and I know them on the Forum I would hire them probably give them a trial moderator and see how they perform in terms of activity are they really active (I will give them a probation of 1-2 months) if I see they are not as active as when they first join I will remove them from the trial moderator group and notify them if they come back and ask me why their moderators rights are removed I will explain it to them. I think people who are hiring for forums always look for professionals and experienced people which should be the case I feel everyone can learn and you can always train your staff I used to be apart of a forum *which I don't work anymore* they didn't train me or their staff they just abused their power and when I asked them why they removed my moderators rights and banned and I won't name which forum it is.