• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

GAMESTOP SEEING 'STRONGER DEMAND' FOR XBOX ONE FOLLOWING PRICE CUT

Scion

Reaction score
2438520-8722996911-23055.jpg

GameStop has seen increased interest in the Xbox One following Microsoft's announcement of a price cut for the console, the retailer's president said on a financial earnings call yesterday.

"I definitely think we're already seeing in our stores [that] there's a stronger demand as a result of the price drop," GameStop president Tony Bartel said. "The good news for us is... we'll sell a lot more units.

"And that means there will be more [Xbox One] units out there to put software on."

Microsoft announced it will begin shipping the Xbox One without Kinect nine days ago. The console's alternate price point brings it down to the PlayStation 4's, at $399 USD, £349, 399 Euros and $499 AUD starting June 9, and comes as a result of user feedback. But the company plans on continuing to promote the accessory as usual.

"Kinect remains an important part of our vision," head of Xbox Phil Spencer said following the announcement. "We will continue to innovate on Kinect. I think it's an important differentiator for us."

Source

Stealth

Reaction score
I bet. One reason why Xbox One didn't do good as it was thought to do was due to the price. Now with that price cut I imagine that it will sell a ton of consoles.

Scion

Reaction score
Yeah I bought mine in january and I have to say that I'm kinda mad that I didn't wait and but it now for $100 less without the idiotic Kinect

Zahreah

Reaction score
The prices would make no diff for me. You'll get a more superior experience on a play station for cheaper anyway IMO so..

sbatz72

Reaction score
I am not too into the xbox one platform. I know there will be a lot of games that I have for my Xbox 360 that can be played on the xbox one, just like you could play the original xbox games on the xbox 360. I am just not too into it just yet. I think I might buy one in the future, but it is not high on the priority list right now. I would be happy to know why Microsoft felt the need to bring on a whole new platform. I am quite happy with the xbox 360 I already own. I think of it kind of like the xbox 360 being comparable to the Windows XP and the xbox one maybe being comparable to the failed Windows Vista, or the Windows 8.

Rachel Dodd

Reaction score
Well, the Xbox 360 is old. It came out years ago. It was time for a new one and the PS3 is the same way. When the Xbox 360 and PS3 first came out, they too had their hiccups and flaws. But over time, the Xbox grew to be the best system. It wasn't because of price, but simply because of the new creativity it brought. Microsoft thought people were ready for change with the Xbox One, but they weren't. When they found out consumers weren't, they saw that they had made a huge mistake. Once they go back to the way consumers will be able to enjoy the Xbox, it will rise in the later years once again. PS4 doesn't offer as many resources, as they are limited to their own network. Microsoft is just adapting to what the consumer wants for now.

paigeswan

Reaction score
They had to lower the price because they were not selling enough. A lot of people would not be able to afford the Xbox One before. The price cut allows more people to buy it, and in the long run earns the company more money. The company wants the product to be what the people are looking for so that they can make more of a profit.

Minecraft2201

Reaction score
I'm for the price dropped Xbox One. I don't really want to pay $100 for a brick that I will most likely not use... Ever. It's a garbage invention that spies on you. No thanks. Back on track to the price drop, I agree.

bleblanc10

Reaction score
Yea they did so poorly in sales compared to PS4 that they had to lower the price to sell some haha.

Dan bers

Reaction score
Making the cost affordable will actually make XBOX sell alot of consoles, you find that everyone wants an XBOX ONE console so bad but the cost is unbearable, so they just opt for the a cheaper option or a second-hand one that will likely have alot issues.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Bold move for XBOX. Question is, will the consumers snag their bait? Because If I already have a PS4, WHY would i need to buy XBOX?

MLF

Reaction score
Guys, this thread was three years old. Why are both you answering like this is breaking news? Additionally, the Xbox One without Kinect has been sub $300 for quite awhile now -- can be had pretty much anywhere for $249 with a 500GB drive and $299 with a 1TB drive.

zackd

Reaction score
I stopped dealing with GameStop a very long time ago but them saying a "strong demand" for Xbox One consoles seems blasphemous to me. They should no problem getting used consoles from people who are willing to sell their old Xbox One's..But at the same time, it seems like you could give them a truckload of used games, still in working order and in return they'll pay you 62 cents. Maybe GameStop will increase the money they give back to the user for buying their used Xbox One's, if they do that I'm sure all their consumers will be happy.