• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

GoodOldGames

rayray

Reaction score
How many of you are building up a collection on GOG.com? If you're not already aware, GoodOldGames is a site that updates older games to work on newer systems and also offers new games DRM-free. There's a lot of games that I loved during my childhood on there like Little Big Adventure, Tex Murphy, Theme Hospital etc.

Recently they released an optional application called GOG Galaxy that I think is going to act like a desktop library, similar to Steam, but also offer some other features such as enabling multiplayer on older classic games that have defunct servers. Anyone tried it yet?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
I am (slowly) building a pretty nice collection on GOG. I'm really happy I managed to snag a code for Bloodrayne 2 on GOG from an Indiegala bundle, as that is one of my favorite games of all-time.

I am really hyped for their upcoming service, Galaxy, and I think it's gonna be an awesome and non-intrusive "DRM-free DRM". If anything, I think it'll breathe more life into GOG, as the forums are currently pretty poor in terms of population.

augusta

Reaction score
I;m not aware of this.I need to check out the site.without mind to download all the old games and play down all over again

Vatroslav

Reaction score
I have been building a collection on GoG for some time now. The latest addition to my collection is a remastered Grim Fandango. I won it on that pinata promotion.

WarVet

Reaction score
I have been building a collection on GoG for some time now. The latest addition to my collection is a remastered Grim Fandango. I won it on that pinata promotion.
That game was great! Loved point and click adventures like "Day of the Tentacle" And Grim Fandango. Did you get an opportunity to play Full Throttle? Totally worth it.

Pixie06

Reaction score
I was not really aware of GoG. I will definity check it out. I want to see how it works. Will I be able to update any old games over there?