• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Guild tabards

Jessi

Reaction score
Do you ever wear guild tabards in the game you play?

Do you like showing off who you're in a guild with? Or would you rather that no one know?

Zyni

Reaction score
I don't always wear a tabard. It depends on how cool it looks. It used to be more important in WoW than it is now. With transmog, most people will only wear a tabard if it goes well with their outfit.

I used to wear mine, because I was proud of my guild. It was the thing to do. I wouldn't be in a guild if I was ashamed for people to know about it.

valy

Reaction score
I do wear a tabard after I get from the guild vendor, but I would prefer that no one knows with I am in a guild! I may surprise someone! And if my fellows are my close friends I have nothing to worry about!

Gladdy

Reaction score
I also think that guild tabards used to be way more important significant in the past expansions. You used to be so proud being able to wear a particular guild's tabard - especially if it took you ages to get accepted.

I remember when I applied for the raiding guild and had to wait a week... I was so anxious and afraid that they would deny my application but luckily, I got in. Right away, I put on their guild tabard to show it off!

Nowadays though, the guild tabard doesn't really hold much value. There are so many other, better-looking ones that fit your transmog or your chosen look.

Zyni

Reaction score
Yeah, and there are certain tabards you can earn or get for various events as well. I have one transmog outfit that I designed around the Theramore one. The outfit is all white with the white tabard and gold trim. It's pretty spiffy. :sunglasses:

I wish I still had the one I got for the spirit of competition thing. I got rid of it due to lack of space, since at that time, the only tabard I would consider wearing was the one from my guild. I was proud.

Things have certainly changed since then. A lot.

WarVet

Reaction score
It's been a good long while since I was in a guild or even played a game that allowed guilds. To be honest, in my time there were no tabards! Still, if I was into online games and guilds nowadays I would use it with pride. No point in being a part of something if you can't tell other about it aye? Heck if I ran a guild I'd make all my members use it!