• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Halo 4 good for kids?

valy

Reaction score
Hi, I am a dad of a boy that has 11 years old and I think that Halo 4 is not that violent as other say it is. I know that ESRB rated the game for ages 17+. I have seen in the story mode, that the main enemy are these glowing, partially floating aliens, who, when killed, flake into gold pieces and disappear into the air. Some of the firearms used in the game do look realistic, but no worse than anything seen in daily city news. The game is linear and story based, so it's more like a movie versus GTA, where players can potentially choose to deviate from the story and go into strip clubs.
I don't think this game is that bad and kids over 13 years old can play it as well.
What do you think about this issue?

LydiaHilda

Reaction score
I probably wouldn't be comfortable with a younger kid playing that kind of game, but you're his dad and obviously you have a very good sense of what he can handle game-wise. If the enemies aren't super realistic and there aren't blood spatters or anything really disturbing, then your judgment's probably best. 17+ games are really just the video game equivalent of a US R-rated movie, which parents can take their kids to see in the theaters anyway! I'd err on the side of caution, but it's really just up to you as a parent.

valy

Reaction score
That is exactly what I mean to say, we are the parents and we should decide what is best for our kids. I do understand your point of view Lydia.
Thank you for your answer as well!