• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Has anybody seen the new IT movie?

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I went to see the new IT movie last week at the cinema and I don't think it lived up to the 'horror' hype that it's been receiving. I wouldn't class it as a true horror myself, it was just merely creepy. I think it's quite sad that it's overtaken films like The Exorcist in ratings and that it's rated "one of the best horrors of all time".

Quite disappointed to be honest :(

Anybody else seen it? If so, what's your thoughts on it?

Not Sag

CW Super Admin
Reaction score
I can agree. I first saw IT when it hit the cinemas and to be quite honest, it wasn't a horror at all other than the 1-2 jump scares it had throughout the movie. But the actor that played pennywise the clown was pretty good and had the menacingly creepy smile needed for it.

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I can agree. I first saw IT when it hit the cinemas and to be quite honest, it wasn't a horror at all other than the 1-2 jump scares it had throughout the movie. But the actor that played pennywise the clown was pretty good and had the menacingly creepy smile needed for it.
The smile I can 100% agree on, that was creepy as hell.. I just felt that it didn't quite live up to the 'horror' it was hyped up to be. Overall though I do think the movie was pretty good and like you said, the actor did a great job with playing pennywise.

Referal

Reaction score
I want to see the movie soon because of pennywise the clown

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I saw the movie however I found the 1st IT movie to be better then the new one.