• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you feel about the ranked games

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I like the ranked games, What i really like is they have a solo ranking system and a party ranking system. I know sometimes solo playing is a pain. I love playing ranked games, and by far i have my good and bad games. But I like in Dota people seem to understand crap happens and people can have a bad game or two....or three or 5 HAHAHA. But slitting up the ranked games was a great Idea o valves part. Thank you for that.

Squigly

Reaction score
I used to play ranked but I found it made games less enjoyable, everyone is tryhard and flames more trying to increase their precious MMR points instead of just having fun. I just queue unranked now.

Pudge

Reaction score
I find it a bit more stressful than regular games, but overall I still like ranked games more because you can measure your progress way easier. It's also a lot better now than it was 6 months ago, because of the updated picking phase. Before, pretty much everyone just picked whatever, without any consideration for their team. Now it's not so bad really. I very rarely have games without at least one support in my team anymore.

d4rk3n

Reaction score
I don't play ranked games ever :p
It makes me want to try hard, and losing while being a try hard makes me quite sad.
So I just enjoy the game and play normal matchmaking.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I don't play ranked games ever :p
It makes me want to try hard, and losing while being a try hard makes me quite sad.
So I just enjoy the game and play normal matchmaking.

I wish more people thought like you. Its so hard to play ranked games if the people playing dont understand match making, what it is and how their actions can effect another players ratings. You will not win every single game, But i would rather lose to a better team than lose because of my own teammates noob mistakes that should not be done in a ranked game situation. like a player who never buys boots, or buys 2 sets of boots expecting them to stack. People who make those kinds of mistakes should not be playing ranked games.

d4rk3n

Reaction score
I understand what you are trying to say. Such actions by noob teammates only make you want to rage. It just decreases your co operation within the team. But people won't understand.
If you try to be the good guy, people point fingers on you too. Its pathetic.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I understand what you are trying to say. Such actions by noob teammates only make you want to rage. It just decreases your co operation within the team. But people won't understand.
If you try to be the good guy, people point fingers on you too. Its pathetic.
I dont mind noob players if its not in a ranked game. if we are in a regular game yea I will help them and defend them against trashtalking teammates. But in a ranked game, I expect if you are playing a ranked game you at least understand the basic mechanics of the game. Creep kills, creep denies, when you should and should not deny a tower, the fact that the speed bonus from 2 pairs of boots does not stack, and you should really know this even as a noob as they state that when you purchase them HAHA

d4rk3n

Reaction score
A guy once denied our rax even when the lane was completely pushed up. :/
Idk how incompetetent these ranked players are.
Carries try to roam.
Supports try to farm.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
A guy once denied our rax even when the lane was completely pushed up. :/
Idk how incompetetent these ranked players are.
Carries try to roam.
Supports try to farm.
HAHA OMG I laughed so hard at this . Caries try to roam Supports try and farm HAHA. I see that so much more in ranked games than normal games HAHA I think the game modes need switched HAHA

tournique

Reaction score
Cringeworthy. Toxic community and supports farming, carries roaming and tanks sitting at the back of the group

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I think people take it way too seriously, or not at all. It makes the game very toxic for everyone else when someone keeps talking over chat because his team is losing. I really hate that aspect of the game, and that's why at times I'd rather play single player games than online multiplayer ones. It's more relaxing, and at the end of the day, you're playing for nothing significant, since it's most likely that you will never reach the higher ranks because of the win one, lose one standard.

Deen

Reaction score
I've only played one game ever in 3vs3 team ranked, we started the game with the idea of bronze 5 leggo, played against a team of plat and diamond players. Easiest game ever lol. Tower dive at lvl 3, spawndiving the whole lot, it was fun :).

Chinatown88

Reaction score
People give up way too easily. It's really toxic. That's why its nice to have friends and do a 5 man stack.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Nah, too toxic. I play ranked before and I'm playing carry because I don't trust my team when they play carry. But guess what happens? I pick first carry, then these 4 noobtards pick carry too. So no support and tank. Instant GG. But by somehow your enemy team is more stupid than your 4 mates are, then you might have a chance. But mostly? No. Instant lose. Damn cancers.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Playing with random players is a very unwise move although you really have to play alone to raise your solo MMR. I think it's not fair that they separated the solo and party MMR. I only ever play with my friends nowadays. What I think is that they should just get the average of both MMR since they matchmake those in a party and not anyway.

overcast

Reaction score
Not much of a fan of ranked games. I like playing with friends and sometimes the random strangers. And most of the ranked games can be boring. And over stressed on many counts. So it can be boring once you attain some rank and work harder to reach another. So that's what I think.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Currently I feel that the ranked games are way too inconsistent. In some games you get some even games between both teams, while there are also some games where stomps happen. The matchmaking system is also exploited by people who boost accounts as well. This still happens despite needing a registered mobile for ranked matchmaking.

WarVet

Reaction score
Currently I feel that the ranked games are way too inconsistent. In some games you get some even games between both teams, while there are also some games where stomps happen. The matchmaking system is also exploited by people who boost accounts as well. This still happens despite needing a registered mobile for ranked matchmaking.

Yeah, i don't like them at all. I mean take CS; exemplarGO for example. You could be an exemplary player and only get shitty teams and your ranking would be bad. Now if you're a mediocre player but always plays with the good guys you'll win often and your rank goes up. So I don't think it's a fair way to evaluate players at all.

fishmonk

Reaction score
Yeah, i don't like them at all. I mean take CS; exemplarGO for example. You could be an exemplary player and only get shitty teams and your ranking would be bad. Now if you're a mediocre player but always plays with the good guys you'll win often and your rank goes up. So I don't think it's a fair way to evaluate players at all.
Agreed. Currently, ranked matchmaking is not a great tool to measure actual skill level. Even the seasonal ranked MMR is flooded with players who are trying to reset their MMR although they do not have a proper skill level. That is why many people opt to make new accounts to either sell them for a profit or get a better MMR.

WarVet

Reaction score
Agreed. Currently, ranked matchmaking is not a great tool to measure actual skill level. Even the seasonal ranked MMR is flooded with players who are trying to reset their MMR although they do not have a proper skill level. That is why many people opt to make new accounts to either sell them for a profit or get a better MMR.

Yeah, and it's an endless process you see. Start new account: Find some stat that isn't really to your liking, reset it and plan on doing better next time, repeats. With of course the exception of those naturally gifted players or the ones who start with a golden team right from the get-go. Bottom line: Play for fun not to fix your stats ;)