• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

How do you guys feel about Hardline?

fjellse

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings.

I was excited until I tried the beta. I walked away a little underwhelmed and concerned.

As some have mentioned, in its previous state, it felt Battlefield 4 DLC. It was frustrating because it looked and played like Battlefield 4, but the environments had less detail and things were less destructible. It felt a little sterile, lacking character and personality.

The gameplay, however, was fun. The cops and robbers elements gave the game a sense of urgency I haven't experienced in Battlefield before.

Class specializations have more meaning too. It felt a little more like Team Fortress 2 in terms of class selection.

The chase between the two teams was exhilarating at times too.

The game definitely needed more time in the oven, so I'm glad they decided to add a few more months to development.

Anyone else try it? What were your reactions?

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
The gameplay is fun, but it just feels like it's Battlefield 4: Cops and Robbers. I really hope that with the one year delay they're giving it, they'll actually make it feel like a new game and not like an expansion.

BJL717

Reaction score
I am so pumped for this game! It's going to feel so good playing a new Battlefield. I haven't played the beta, but I've seen game-plays. From the looks of it, I am very pleased and excited. I'm not going to get my hopes up because the last time I did, Call of Duty failed me.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I'm really excited about Battlefield Hardline. I'm a huge fan of the Battlefield franchise and I think that the mechanics and theme of this game is really unique. The "cops vs robbers" mentality brings out a different dimension in FPS and I look forward to the next beta release.

tournique

Reaction score
I really liked the game when I played it, cannot say it will last for long though. The idea is somewhat of a cliche and the gameplay is copy-pasted from other games. But still, an awesome game nonetheless.