• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Introducing Rebellions and Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
There are two new features of our site. Rebellions and the Shop. Each having a new important role on the forums!

The rebellions is the new virtual currency of Game Rebels. There are currently two ways in which our users can obtain them. The first is a reward simply by participating on the forums. Such as making topics, replying to topics, logging in everyday, special events and contests, writing game reviews, and more!

Many people have asked me (or told me) that currency on gaming communities do not really serve any real purpose. I say otherwise. Especially when you can get real world value out of your Rebellions! Which brings me to our next forum feature.

The Shop! You can check out the current shop products by clicking the "Shop" link in the top navigation. As of right now there is not a lot of products, however we hope to fill this up entirely! The shop will allow you to spend your hard earned Rebellions on actual real games! Along with games, we will be adding PlayStation Plus/xBox Gold memberships codes, steam gift codes, origin game cards and anything that really has to do with gaming.

Everything is real, legit, and legal! We either buy our games directly from the provider to gift it to you, or from an official retailer! What this simply means is, whenever steam/origin/microsoft/playstation etc have sales, we do too!

The best part of our shop? Everything is automated! Once you purchase your game/game card/key code you do not wait for any administrator to log in and message you with the details. You will automatically receive the information on how to obtain your game!

We are also always looking for more items to add into the shop. So if you have anything you would like to see, we will most definitely look into it!

Squigly

Reaction score
Hyped for awesome feature and free stoof :p

Thanks a lot Jordan! I think the store is already quite comprehensive...maybe Minecraft premium?

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Great that this feature was added! Hopefully other users enjoy it and we can keep it around. Always good to reward the users.

Saffy

Reaction score
Pretty cool system Jordan, I like it!

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just increased the amount you earn per post and such by nearly 10 times!
My math before hand was completely wrong lol.

Hope this helps out!

Lancer

Reaction score
This is a nice system. For gamers, the point system is an addictive game! I just wonder why my rebellions are negative. Am I too kind!? :p
This will keep rebels to keep posting and earn rewards for sure!

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Interesting design
Indeed. & a Costly one ;)

Anyone wanting to see the entire sites statistics on how much currency there currently is flowing around along with richest and poorest users and visit the link below:
http://www.gamerebels.com/rebellions/

Along with see the entire boards transaction history:
http://www.gamerebels.com/rebellions/all-transactions

Your own personal transactions can be seen from here:
http://www.gamerebels.com/rebellions/transactions

Michael

Reaction score
I am just happy to see a legit website to be selling things that isn't illegal and you actually have to work for it. Finally, something I can work for :D

Eldecy

Reaction score
sweet sounds like a lot of customers gonna be here very soon

Cerberus

Reaction score
So, how does exactly earning rebellion work? I mean, I know that the more members post, publish reviews, get replies and likes, and submit new threads, the more rebellions they earn. Then they can spend the "money" in the shop to buy games, gift cards, or profile enhancements. But exactly how much is each action describe above worth? I also understand that there isn't a quality control in place. So, posting a 100-word review would earn one the same as posting a 1000-word one. And what about notifications? Do staff and members involved get notifications (by mail, PM, etc) when they receive rebellions, buy items in shops, or just transfer rebellions to another members?

Thanks to anyone who will clarify this to me ;)

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
So, how does exactly earning rebellion work? I mean, I know that the more members post, publish reviews, get replies and likes, and submit new threads, the more rebellions they earn. Then they can spend the "money" in the shop to buy games, gift cards, or profile enhancements. But exactly how much is each action describe above worth? I also understand that there isn't a quality control in place. So, posting a 100-word review would earn one the same as posting a 1000-word one. And what about notifications? Do staff and members involved get notifications (by mail, PM, etc) when they receive rebellions, buy items in shops, or just transfer rebellions to another members?

Thanks to anyone who will clarify this to me ;)
There use to be a quality control. Say if someone was just posting 1 worded posts they would not get their rebellions for posting. We also had it set up so the more quality the post a user makes, more bonus rebellions the user receives.

However, due to the addon developer no longer being a trusted source, I had to look at alternatives. We have a new system in place and it does not include quality control at this moment. We are hoping it is added in a future update, or we can hire a custom developer to build upon our system.

Regarding how much each action gives you, we are in the process of creating a detailed guide and tutorial on how you earn and how much each one gives you :)

prasanna kumar

Reaction score
Thanks for the information Jordan, so i guess i will get busy posting and reviewing for i have to add up my rebillions.

Referal

Reaction score
This an amazing way to get great post and great Points and some very grate games although it might take some to for us to it

Referal

Reaction score
The Game rebels money for stops at 14.88 strange??

nyiguto17

Reaction score
This is a pleasant framework. For gamers, the point framework is an addictive diversion! I simply ask why my uprisings are negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.