• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Is Jimmy hanging from a yacht in GTA V an homage to Sweet hanging from a firetruck in GTA: SA?

Frank

Reaction score
I just thought of this when I looked at another thread. The missions seem very familiar. One family member driving an open roof car so that another who hangs from a crane can hop back in. San Andreas map and GTA V maps are sorta similar in that they have the same landmarks and I do remember CJ catching up to Officer Tenpenny on the highway to catch Sweet (although that might've been just my experience) which is pretty similar to Michael catching Jimmy on the highway. And there's also at least Grove Street gangbanger involved as well :D

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Well the game was located in Los Santos after all. And yeah the final mission in San Andreas was iconic so maybe they stuck that in, but it's not that important though. What's important is that when they eventually do the remaster, the game is gonna look so great with GTA 5's graphics I can clock at least another 100 hours on it again. There has been talks of a San Andreas remaster for quite some time now, and GTA 5 has been around since 2013. So what have those guys been doing this whole time?

kgord

Reaction score
I don't know. It seems like it is time for new blood in the game. People will play the game and move on otherwise. I think that the game is far over due to be remastered. It is just a fun game that could use some new converts.

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
Now that you have mentioned it, I really think it does but it's only a part of Grand Theft Auto to have insane missions like that. This is why playing missions on GTA never gets boring as there are always different and specific objectives, such as that one mission wherein you have to break in a house to steal some items with Ryder. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas is just the best for me.