• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Making money from forums?

KMRock

Reaction score
I have always thought and seen a lot of debate and conjecture about this issue, and as such, decided I would voice my thoughts about how to make money from forums.

What are your opinions on how you make money from your forums?

valy

Reaction score
Hi, KmRock, my opinion is positive, any site that is offering the opportunity to earn some extra money is a great site or forum or socialize media....no matter what is its name, I have nothing against these sites. In fact, we must respect and offer them support anytime we can!

Ash

Reaction score
It's extremely difficult to make money or make a steady stream of revenue from a forum unfortunately. The main reason is because a lot of forums tend to die out quickly if not managed properly. If you own a large forum like HackForums for example, then of course you can make a lovely bit of money but I doubt it would be enough to make a living from. You would still have to do another job to ensure you can afford to live nicely. The only real revenue stream for forums is either selling different advertisement spaces on the site or selling membership. Both of which require an extremely active forum userbase.

augusta

Reaction score
yes, you can make money from forums. the large chunk of money is from advertisers.

is you have enough traffic, advertisers would be at your beck and call to advertised in your forum.

you can also monetized your forum with AdSense and affiliates.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
My advice if you're starting a forum to make money then the forum has already failed. It's next to impossible to get a forum started these days and if you start out with ads then you already failed. Because people are going to think that you're only in it for the money. And honestly you can make more money working 20hrs for a week at Mcdonalds then most forum make in a month.

WarVet

Reaction score
While definitely possible there are few things to take into consideration. First, what is your niche? What will you be talking about? Is it an extremely populated niche or there is hardly anyone in it? Second, do you have Webdesign and SEO skills? Third, where are you going to advertise it? Just a few considerations to begin with.

Referal

Reaction score
I would suggest creating your own Forum software creating a theme making add-ons extra and themes if people wanna buy they can buy it also another one is offering upgrade plan members can choose to upgrade to better plan like a forum subscription or a donation so users can donate to your forums. if none of that work try Ad Sense it always works they pay you per view and click by members.