• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Minecraft best on what console?

Bremaine

Reaction score
We know the PC version of Minecraft is really the best of the best, it is nearly endless, but what about consoles that also now have it? The PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One all have a version of Minecraft. What version is better? I know that the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions are pretty much similar, but what about the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game? I figure they're closer to the scope of the PC version, but which one wins out for the best version?

I can't say because I have a feeling that both are nearly identical in size, so I will say a tie, but I want to hear what you all have to say.

insertkittyface

Reaction score
I'm always going to prefer the PC version myself, of course. But when it comes to consoles, I'm gonna have to say the Xbox 360 version is better, maybe just because it's been around longer and has more time invested in it.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Xbox, for the same reason as above. It's been out for said console for longer than PlayStation so more time has been spent working on it. They are extremely identical though.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
I think pc because of mods but console 360

jda

Reaction score
PC because it's just better haha, but if you want to play on a console I would go with PS3 (or 360, I've heard they're the same). Better than Pocket Edition ;) However I've heard the One/PS4 version is good too, with infinite worlds... Haven't tried that yet.

mauricioq

Reaction score
I think it's equally good on all consoles. There's not that much of a difference, at least I didn't notice any. Playing minecraft should only be done on the pc, on the console it's just not the full experience.

Scarsz

Reaction score
PC without any doubt. I don't understand how people can play MC on their Xbone or Playstation when they have a goddamn computer right next to them.

Reactions: jda

Beverly

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with the PC version for now as I have already paid for it and don't feel like investing more money into an Xbox version. It annoys me to have to buy games repeatedly for multiple platforms. I want to buy a game once and be done with it.

primaLucid

Reaction score
I'd say the Xbox is better than the PS3 version. However, PC is the ultimate overlord of Minecraft. PC offers so many more choices, customization, and variety through mods, different servers, etc.

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
Still PC. It's pathetic that even the next-gen consoles aren't capable of endless worlds while 4 year old PCs are capable. Also, even my old iPhone 3GS has the Pocket Edition running well with endless worlds, and that's an old phone.

Dadas

Reaction score
Xbox since it came out way before the PS3, it has a lot of things the PS3 doesn't. PC is still the best for Minecraft though.

utneqo7d

Reaction score
The best is of course without doubt the PC, though I actually enjoy the raspberry pi version too.

A lot of people don't own a raspberry pi, and some might even not know what it is, though I do and I really love the integrated python API which allows you to code and program your minecraft. Too bad there aren't any python API's or so in the original PC version without having to mod it, since that would make the game even more interesting, though you can pull off great things with Java too.

Jack123

Reaction score
As I said on another thread, it's best on PC. You will get the full Minecraft experience on the PC. You will get a limited experience on any other platform. You're always best to start on PC, you'll probably stick to it, whereas on console, you may find yourself getting rather bored, due to the lack of a real community ethos.

kittyworker

Reaction score
Console? Well from what I've read they are pretty much the exact same. That being said I wouldn't bother with a console version. The game has been out awhile now and it really shouldn't be a problem to run the game on most computers. The PC version is superior in pretty much every conceivable way.

burtpovski

Reaction score
Just like most people, I would prefer the PC version simply because of how flexible it is. Unlike the console versions, you can add mods to the game. Plus, you're able to join on any server with other players around the world, and that server can be modified in any way the server owner wants.

krab007

Reaction score
I have the game on both PC and Xbox 360, and I must say I prefer to use it on PC. Only due to the fact that mods and skins are easy to get, plus a wider range of dedicated servers.

Martin

Reaction score
PC is far better than anything - far more up to date and a better overall experience. The console editions are about a year behind in terms of updates. I would say any current-gen console is a second though (PS4 or Xbox One) because of biome sizes.

Michael

Reaction score
PC - Mainly because it has more capabilities to update and it is better while Xbox and Playstation don't have the thing to run servers. I would have to say next gen has to be second in my choice because it is better.

overcast

Reaction score
I have played it on PC. And for me working on PC seems to be the best for this game. I can't imagine how good it'd be on console with the joystick. It'd just add more layer of less control. I can have more control with the mouse and keyboard. I think for some mods and the servers that would be lot easier too.