• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Nsa/fbi Federal Spying Operations

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Essentially the topic at hand as been really relevant within the past 4 years as technology has advanced rather rapidly. With social media and more internet based applications being shoved into our lives and inter-connecting us all the government has found the need to regulate, monitor, and sometimes INTRUDE upon the information that we may choose to keep private or share publicly.

Do you believe the government has the responsibility to monitor and keep us secure through means of either spying or monitoring. Or do you believe that government should not intrude upon our information whether it be public or private.

My Opinion: As someone who wishes to keep government as a means to serve the people and not intrude upon their rights granted through the constitution, I believe it is only necessary to spy based on criteria that deems someone eligible to be monitored. This criteria would apply to those attempting to immigrate legally/illegally from a target country, those who may say "trigger words" in conversations, and/or released convicts/felons.

Ordinary citizens should not be monitored in general. Governments purpose is to provide services to the people, not to harm/intrude upon them. There is a great need for these Federal agencies to work in the cyber field to prevent potential threats from harming us domestically or abroad. Striking a balance (almost impossible in any government entity in the world) will make it easy for us to protect civil liberties in addition to preventing people from infringing on them.

Valerie

Retired Administrative Staff
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I also think that it's sometimes necessary to prevent any further tragedies or attacks from happening. It could be any one of the 320 million people in this country who commits the next massacre. All it takes is one man and a gun. So I DO think they should minimize intruding on citizens, but if it means that we can prevent a shooting or a bombing, then I'm all for it.

Reactions: Jog

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I agree for the most part. I also think that it's sometimes necessary to prevent any further tragedies or attacks from happening. It could be any one of the 320 million people in this country who commits the next massacre. All it takes is one man and a gun. So I DO think they should minimize intruding on citizens, but if it means that we can prevent a shooting or a bombing, then I'm all for it.

Exacto

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
In Canada, we don't get monitored on Computer. However I phone wise, Snapchat, Instagram and other photo services can be used against us citizens to find our location or shit like tht.

I'm tired dad...