• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Paid for DLC, when is it coming?

Bremaine

Reaction score
GTA V has been out for nearly a whole year and we've yet to see any mention of paid DLC. We've gotten a ton of free DLC, mostly for GTA Online, but nothing really worth getting too excited for. I know Rockstar said there will be a paid for DLC story line sometime, but when? I suspect it'll be when GTA V comes out for the PS4, Xbox One and the PC, as that would make sense. But why make original adopters wait so long?

And what would you like to see for the story based DLC? I want to see a whole new character, or side of the story. Actually I would like to see the DLC take place in a whole new area with a new character. What do you think?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
It's actually been out for longer then a year now :p I suspect they will release new content when the game comes out on Xbox one, PS4, and the PC4.

I doubt they would introduce a new playable character though. Who knows though.

Scarsz

Reaction score
I doubt they would introduce a new playable character though.
They've already been beaten with a stick about how there's never been a female protagonist in GTA so if they would be adding a new character, my money's on it'll be a girl. Though, I as well don't really expect them to add a new character in.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
To be quite honest I'm just waiting for heists, its been delayed repeatedly and it's rather annoying. I believe they're bringing in the ability to actually go to North Yankton now, which will be pretty cool.
Once paid DLC does come out I don't expect it to be anything major. Rockstar have been becoming rather slack with GTA V over the past few months.

mauricioq

Reaction score
Don't worry about it, it's definitely coming. I'll bet that it will be released this winter, around Christmas and it will be huge with a lot of side stories!

RadialPerson

Reaction score
As others have said it'll most likely come out this Christmas along with the next gen versions of the game. I have my doubts that it'll be a female character though, considering the vast majority of gamers who play the game are male, it could affect the sales of the DLC should they make a change like that. Although if they do go ahead with a female character they'll almost certainly add male characters to play as, similar to being able to play as Franklin, Michael or Trevor.