• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Photoshop

22_22

Reaction score
How many of you use photoshop to make your gaming graphics?

Zawazuki

Reaction score
I use Photoshop for anything that pertains to graphics. I love the program with a great passion.

Jamie

Reaction score
I despise Photoshop, really don't like it. I use Fireworks 8.

Fox

Reaction score
although i suck with it, I use CS6 for anything I need

trustyCow

Reaction score
For making graphics I tend to use Illustrator or other vector based programs.

PS i use for editing more than anything.

pandaa

Reaction score
Illustrator is a nice program, TrustyCow. I do find myself a little limited though. Most addons, like custom filters, actions, brushes, etc, are all made for Photoshop, which is why it's good to get used to using it. :)

dagscot

Reaction score
I use Photoshop CS6 for pretty much everything. For cropping and resizing graphics before uploading to forums or flickr. I take a lot of photographs too and use several actions to sharpen and correct the levels/contrast. It's awesome.

overcast

Reaction score
I have used photoshop for plenty of times. Though not lot of quality graphics as of yet. I may make use of the photoshop in near future. There are some of the good use of the app. I have seen many people making some 3D angle for the photoshop. I am sure there are some people who make use of the photoshop to make entire gaming graphics.

valy

Reaction score
I am not using photoshop to make gaming graphics, because photoshop requires precise pixel placement. I prefer to use an illustrator or inkscape., because are easy to use for me and in some cases much faster.

overcast

Reaction score
I am not using photoshop to make gaming graphics, because photoshop requires precise pixel placement. I prefer to use an illustrator or inkscape., because are easy to use for me and in some cases much faster.
Its not about the Pixel placement. You can use it for creating 3D and 2D background. And it does work out best. I have seen some of the best games rendering the 3D using the photoshop. Though 3D in photoshop is mostly perspective. But it is possible to use the photoshop for most of the graphics. Inkscape is not that much cut for quality though. Never heard any professional studio using it.

Fuzyon

Reaction score
I do! Photoshop and Illustrator are pretty much the core of my graphics, although I do draw some sketches beforehand with a pen and paper. Those two get the job done for my mini-games on Android but for bigger games developer use much more complex tools.

mcbryan

Reaction score
I'm an average guy who used Adobe Photoshop in developing different graphics. It's a great tool that is user-friendly. It has many options which are not complex to use. When I am a beginner I was able to use Photoshop easily because of the simple and plain concept. Graphics made from it is not an ordinary creation. Most graphic artists use Photoshop as their first layout.