• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Sega Genesis/MegaDrive

Smokey

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these or still have one? I loved this console growing up and it has some of my favorite games of all time on it. :) Definitely one of the best consoles ever created IMHO. :D

thepostman

Reaction score
I have a Genesis. I beat Sonic 1 and 2 just the other day and played some comix zone. Also, I agree it is one of the best systems ever.

Smokey

Reaction score
Yeah man. I have my genesis but when I game, I play on a RetroN3 clone console. It does a pretty good job though. :) Played every game i've thrown at it so far with no issues. :) Saves me shelf-room too. Instead of having a Genesis, SNES and NES all hooked up to my TV, I got 1 console set up and that's it. :)

charlieman999

Reaction score
I still have my sega genesis after all these years, the damn thing never dies, Sonic 1 and 2 are one of the greatest platformers of all time, I also loved Disney platformers like Castle of Ilusion, Aladin and Lion king, animation in these titles were superb, 2d games never get old, I use to replay them from time to time.

Smokey

Reaction score
I agree Charlie. I'm not a fan of the disney games but the genesis was built like a tank and is one of the greatest consoles ever made. It had some of the best games of all time. :)

Esperahol

Reaction score
I have my original Sega Genesis plugged up in the bedroom right now. I love my Genesis - it just won't die... like a really friendly zombie. A really friendly zombie that plays games written by evil people who hate children. That's why I love it.

Razorwind

Reaction score
This was the first console that I ever played! It was amazing. I only had four games for it and all of them were mostly in Russian since my dad bought it back from there but I played the heck out of those four anyway! Sonic, Home Alone, Mario Andretti Racing and Spiderman. Great times.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I actually never owned a Sega Genesis as I lived in a Nintendo household, ha. I owned a SNES during that era of gaming. However, I did play a Genesis at a cousin's house once and I remember being enthralled with the controller. I thought the overall design and button layout was just so much cooler than the SNES. Even though I never got to play it, I'm actually going to get my hands on a console soon since I'm starting a retro collection. I can't wait to give it a go and see what I missed out on.

Vyck

Reaction score
Proud owner of a still-working Sega Genesis, with all and it's 150 games, 2 controls and all. I still play with it sometimes (I love crazy taxi and Sonic in it, real classics) It's one of those reliable consoles that never gets old. Never dies on you.

Westbay

Reaction score
Wow!! The first console I ever got with my personal savings was Sega Mega Drive II, I had to save up just to get it my mom didn't like the idea of us playing video games so she gave a condition except we save to get it usually we go to our friends house to play but later we had to get ours. Its the coolest console ever with about 60 inbuilt games 'Top Gear' and Sonic Hedgehog were pre-installed in the game so even without a cartridge we played games, then I got games like International Superstar Soccer and mortal kombat. The game was studded even when it got wet it still worked after using a hair dryer on it. I don't know what happened to SEGA they made solid consoles.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
I don't have a Sega Genesis, I don't have a Mega Drive, and my gaming career wasn't even starting when they both "died".
BUT! I have the Sega Genesis Mega pack on Steam, and it contains a big amount of classic games so even if I won't get the nostalgia I will be a more "complete" gamer. They are seriously a lot of games anyway...