• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Smite Xbox One Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
For those of you who like moba games, smite has been the talk of the storm for some time. Now they are opening up betas for the xbox one.
Check out the video below :)

Reactions: Xyz

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Interesting stuff there. How do you think they will fare on the platform?

Reactions: Xyz

Martin

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing how it goes, I think that it could be a success... as far as I am aware it was good on the PC and only coming first to Xbox One, if it makes its way to PS4 soon I will give it a try.
Interesting stuff there. How do you think they will fare on the platform?
It should be interesting. Games like this don't have a history of working well on consoles but we shall have to wait and see.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
I agree @Martin
This is kind of revolutionary IMO because there's almost no MOBA's that make it to console, and I see it being very complicated to port properly. However with Smite's FPS setup, they probably have the best possibility to excel as compared to other MOBA's

Rachel Dodd

Reaction score
This game is great on Xbox, but takes some getting used to. The newbies lock in roles, aren't aware on what to do, and trolls just come in to have a good time. It's supposed to be open beta this summer. Not sure of the date but I will update you guys on it.

Obi

Reaction score
This game is great on Xbox, but takes some getting used to. The newbies lock in roles, aren't aware on what to do, and trolls just come in to have a good time. It's supposed to be open beta this summer. Not sure of the date but I will update you guys on it.

Haha, one day there will be console players complaining about instalocking noobs!

How does the game play though (if you'll pardon the pun)? Is it similar to PC or does it have a different feel to it? I'm hoping that you get a smoother style of game with a console controller rather than keyboard and mouse, though I can imagine it'll be harder to activate items and abilities.

SerSlavos

Reaction score
I play SMITE on my PC, I don't have the Xbox. So far I like it, much better than any other MOBA game. Since it has a good theme, gods, it is a third person game and the community is slightly better than the other communities I've faces so far. I can't imagine playing it on a console though. Must be because I am already used to the PC version. But it's a cool move from Hi-Rez to create the console versions.

Khalil A

Reaction score
I am used to play MOBAs, I will try it of course but I don't know how it is going to be, because the word MOBA is linked to a computer game. Maybe it is going to generate a revolution and we will start playing Dota 2 and League of legends on Xbox One !

Status
Not open for further replies.