• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Starting clans/guilds

Ghost

Reaction score
What experiences have you had with starting clans / guilds in online games? Has it been hard to get members or easy for you? What methods did you use to try and create a successful and popular clan/guild?

I myself have not started any that have been successful. Though from what I hear, grabbing experienced members is a huge plus as it will be a huge benefit for newer players.

Hiocoie

Reaction score
I started a guild in RotMG(Realm of the Mad God) with Zawazuki once. I made some awesome buddies, once the guild died me and a fellow guild member decided to make a new guild. I left the guild because I decided that it's not even that fun anymore, especially because he just re-invited a bunch of the old members to the point that it was just a remake of the old one. =/

Ghost

Reaction score
If a guild falls apart it is usually for a reason. It would have definitely been better if he had started anew. Maybe inviting SOME old members would have been okay, but not all of them. Plus, inviting new members will teach you things and make you a better player. You'll also have more fun!

Deen

Reaction score
I enjoyed playing Magic the Gathering and even Pokemon for a while, when it was still quite popular. Although now it is hard to find people around my age group who play these game anymore ( especially in person ). I am in my 20's in case you are wondering, and would prefer to play with other mature players around my age. Although i do not discriminate based on age or gender.

valy

Reaction score
I agree with Deen, is hard to find people of my age who play these games, and to join a game and make your own clan is very hard. To join a clan is easy, and funny but when you join because you need protection things will change, rules will change and your responsabilities will change as well.
You must work hard and protect your clan.

Pink_Turtle

Reaction score
As I said before, I actually start it with my cousins so it was really fun and easy to maintain. After a while we all left it but it was fun while it last.

kgord

Reaction score
Yes, I think that it is important to find people you feel comfortable with to be a part of your guild or clan. It is just one of the things that you might want to do, and have as part of your world, so you need to find those of a like mind to be part of your group in my opinion.