• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Steam gaming codes from PayPal sometimes don't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameCube

Reaction score
I think they work most of the time. Nonetheless, sometimes they don't and if you're dishing out 20 USD a code, then the sum can be devastating. In that case, I'd beware of the place. However, though, I cannot really be sure if the person whom I gave the codes (It was some private barter deal.) didn't take them but act like he/she didn't.

valy

Reaction score
Hi, GameCube, this never happens to me, every game I bought it worked for me very well! I don't know why this happened to you, and I think you should contact the game store from where you bought your games! I am sure that Paypal has no fault in this issue, the game's store may fraud their clients!

CBL28

Reaction score
While buying codes may be cheaper, you always risk falling into a scam. There are many ways to scam a person with codes (chargebacks, taking money then running, etc), so I really wouldn't recommend doing it. Only buy codes from a reputable site.

Empire

Reaction score
buying codes or other keys isn't an good safe way to go, unless you have an trusted website that has the real deal logo or whatever. I got scram once and I Was glad it was very cheap of under $5 and till this day I can not get my money back

Gladdy

Reaction score
I am not sure what you mean but it seems like you got scammed... I recommend that instead of buying the steam codes (the credits) try to buy the actual game keys. I have been purchasing game keys from various well-known sites and I never once got scammed. The key always worked and the shops always delivered them within an hour. Just make sure to only use the trusted sites that have tons of reviews and customers. Don't fall for scams because there's plenty out there!

ZXD22

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my money on buying cheaper game codes, never know if it will be a scam and you could lose money. Just seems way too risky for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.