• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Team Fortress 2: The Gun Mettle Update aka CS:GO skins incoming

GlacialDoom

Reaction score
As seen here: http://www.teamfortress.com/gunmettle/

It seems that Team Fortress 2 will finally get the much-successful cosmetic model of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive. The catch is that you will have to shell out 6 bucks in order to be able to play the campaign and earn some skins. Will you bite the bullet on this, or would you rather stay 6 bucks richer?

RivaCom

Reaction score
Nope, Nope, Nope, TF2 is great and the skins is a neat feature. But I purchased TF2 Outright, before it went F2P. This should be free for players who have paid money for TF2. They need to be as nice as possible with Overwatch coming out soon.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
Nope, Nope, Nope, TF2 is great and the skins is a neat feature. But I purchased TF2 Outright, before it went F2P. This should be free for players who have paid money for TF2. They need to be as nice as possible with Overwatch coming out soon.
How so? This game is still alive and growing + competitive is coming out soon there has been coding entered with this update just because you bought the game before F2P doesn't mean valve owes you anything the game is still striving perfectly fine and the Tf2 Team actually put thought into this update with nerfs etc the only downside is glitches / bugs but its bound to happen.
I've also talked to the people that played overwatch well 2 of them and they said it was just a moba combined with a fps so its nothing like Tf2. When it first drops the Tf2 players will come back because of how different it is.

76921A8C6D8F486A423DBF8CA8FAC760987D0092

RivaCom

Reaction score
How so? This game is still alive and growing + competitive is coming out soon there has been coding entered with this update just because you bought the game before F2P doesn't mean valve owes you anything the game is still striving perfectly fine and the Tf2 Team actually put thought into this update with nerfs etc the only downside is glitches / bugs but its bound to happen.
I've also talked to the people that played overwatch well 2 of them and they said it was just a moba combined with a fps so its nothing like Tf2. When it first drops the Tf2 players will come back because of how different it is.

76921A8C6D8F486A423DBF8CA8FAC760987D0092
Never said the game was dieing. I'm saying it's going to have a very tough competitor, which has a very big known track record of doing very well in almost every game they put out. Statistics aside as I don't know exact numbers for everything.

Blizzard games has an active 7-8 million active subscribers(not total players) for wow, with the player count probably almost 4x this. HotS, Hearthstone, Starcraft, and Diablo 3 are also 3 very high player count games. We have already seen the comp. side to Hearthstone, Heroes of the storm, and Starcraft which bring millions of players to public events.

Now we have Overwatch, a Blizzard take on TF2. Also Free to play. If we have learned anything at all from blizzard fans, they are loyal to the company. So I see a huge surge from players to play overwatch once it's released.

So my thread isn't intending that they owe me anything. My thread is stating they need to watch what they are offering, not offering in terms of legacy players, ex players, and future players. Or they will push themselves out.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Now we have Overwatch, a Blizzard take on TF2. Also Free to play. If we have learned anything at all from blizzard fans, they are loyal to the company. So I see a huge surge from players to play overwatch once it's released.
Yup. I'm a big blizzard fan :) I will be playing overwatch when it comes out!! Well, at least be trying it.

Squigly

Reaction score
Never said the game was dieing. I'm saying it's going to have a very tough competitor, which has a very big known track record of doing very well in almost every game they put out. Statistics aside as I don't know exact numbers for everything.

Blizzard games has an active 7-8 million active subscribers(not total players) for wow, with the player count probably almost 4x this. HotS, Hearthstone, Starcraft, and Diablo 3 are also 3 very high player count games. We have already seen the comp. side to Hearthstone, Heroes of the storm, and Starcraft which bring millions of players to public events.

So my thread isn't intending that they owe me anything. My thread is stating they need to watch what they are offering, not offering in terms of legacy players, ex players, and future players. Or they will push themselves out.

I'm also really impressed by Overwatch, but now that they've announced it being a paid game I'm less hyped for it. Especially when it comes to multiplayer games, a free-to-play model like TF2 and Warframe really works best, , lest the playerbase might be too small for it too be sustainable in the long run (e.g. Evolve, and probably Star Wars Battlefront pretty soon).