• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

The ultimate guide to handle plolsd (post-league of legends-stress-disorder)

Craap

Reaction score
Hey guys! Craap here.

My bio says I hate LoL for a reason. No hate against the game, I enjoyed my fair share around 2012-2014 in LAN server (Latin America North). But after a while I found myself constantly angry and stressed at the comeout of the game. Needless to say, we all know how quirky the LoL community can be. And being a game so based on teamwork and sinergy, it always messed with my head the fact that playing with complete strangers was rather hard and not fun, at all.

I started wondering "Why am I even playing this game? Aren't I supposed to be having fun?" and when I didn't play with strangers I ended up flaming my friends.

It got to the point where I just didn't want to play LoL anymore. It made me tired, made me waste my time and made me upset. I eventually stopped, but at that time I remember coming up with an idea: I need to find more people like me and make a guide about it!

Finding people hasn't been so hard// I'm still kinda looking for people. All I need is some tips and advices on handling stress and flaming when playing LoL. I think it would be an amazing step for the LoL community and I feel like we all need it from time to time. So why not jump ahead and write it off for the next fellas?

Most of my go-to's are based on having Ice Tea around me when playing, and whenever I feel like flaming I just drink some tea. I also tend to do some push-ups before playing, helps me keep blood pumping and ready for action ;) Eventually I started doing these with most MOBAs, but LoL was definitely the starting step.

What do you guys think? Do you have some stress-management tools? Let me know!

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
Well realistically the push ups will only increase your adrenaline making you more hostile to begin with. But if you do them after the game, exercise is known to calm people down.

Personally, the battle is almost always mental and requires nothing physical to "get rid of stress". You have to practice the right mindset in everything that you do, and it will come natural in LoL or any other game.

Take buying new shoes, you go to store near you to buy a new pair of Nike's. They end up having the shoe you like but in wrong size. You don't typically rage and get stressed out over this, so you go to another store or find something you equally like. Same principle will apply to LoL

Gladdy

Reaction score
I agree with Jog. I don't think push-ups will really calm or distress you, haha. Regarding League and it's community. I do agree that it's extremely toxic but every game's community can be. League is definitely in the most toxic area though. I feel like with it's increased popularity came all these younger players that think it's cool or funny to flame their teammates. I am glad that you at least realized that flaming isn't the way to go.

I often get/got stressed out playing League as well, that's one of the major reasons why I barely play it anymore. It just didn't feel fun when I felt exhausted after almost every game. The main tip that I can give you is trying to listen to music while playing - not the heavy metal or aggressive type but maybe find a good chill-out playlist on YouTube or Spotify and play it in the background when you enter the game. Also, take breaks between each game and walk around a bit.

Jog

Community Supervisor
Reaction score
I agree with Jog. I don't think push-ups will really calm or distress you, haha. Regarding League and it's community. I do agree that it's extremely toxic but every game's community can be. League is definitely in the most toxic area though. I feel like with it's increased popularity came all these younger players that think it's cool or funny to flame their teammates. I am glad that you at least realized that flaming isn't the way to go.

I often get/got stressed out playing League as well, that's one of the major reasons why I barely play it anymore. It just didn't feel fun when I felt exhausted after almost every game. The main tip that I can give you is trying to listen to music while playing - not the heavy metal or aggressive type but maybe find a good chill-out playlist on YouTube or Spotify and play it in the background when you enter the game. Also, take breaks between each game and walk around a bit.

Well I mean since I started power lifting 3-4 times a week I found that I've been really chill. Use exercise when you are stressed out, not to prevent it. Also there is a difference between being stressed (e.g. 1v5 in a CS:GO game round) and raging (someone stealing your pentakill blatantly).

AlexHarris

Reaction score
Okay first, that post league of legends stress disorder is genius I must say I laughed my ass off. Second, to deal with the flame you must first deal with your outlook of League. You have to not always think about winning try and just improve. Eventually, you will come across teammates who don't make you want to stab yourself in the eye 50 times. Third, if you just can't control the flaming tendencies just mute everyone and be greedy. It's a team game, but you don't always have to deal with your team.

What Elo are you in maybe that would bring some clarity to this situation. I know I got so mad when I first started playing league or rather when I started to understand the game. I never voiced my opinion in the game though I would usually just scream my head off in real life. Definitely get back to me with that it will help me further understand your pain.