• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Tony Swatton creates Halo Energy Sword

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
2435146-energysword.jpg

Master blacksmith Tony Swatton, who has created various prop weapons for movie franchises like Pirates of Caribbean and Batman, has forged Halo Energy Sword as his latest creation.

Swatton, owner of Sword and Stone, takes you through process of creating iconic Halo weapon in latest episode of YouTube show Man At Arms (below). He says he's been inundated with fan requests to make Energy Sword.

His Energy Sword 2 inches wide and 39 inches long, and made of steel. To get appropriate blue/purple hue, Swatton heated sword to temperature of over 600°F. handle made of an ornate mother of pearl material, he said.

At end of video, designers are shown using Halo Energy Sword to cut through glass, copy of original Halo game, bottle of Mountain Dew, and cucumber. If Microsoft ever does decide to make Halo movie, they might want to call Swatton.

Swatton has previously created real-life weaponry from Final Fantasy and God of War franchises.

next Halo game, currently untitled project from 343 Industries for Xbox One, launches later this year.

Video of blacksmith making Halo Energy sword:

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/ROctQjQP_HQ[/video]​

Pulseeey

Reaction score
Such a waste of Mountain Dew and a cucumber.

R.I.P

Zahreah

Reaction score
You can tell this is old because next Halo is called Halo 5: Guardians and not "untitled project"

valy

Reaction score
Hi, Toxique I have seen it a long time ago, I like the process of creating iconic Halo weapon. Nice post, very informative too.