• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

WHAT ARE YOUR PLAYSTATION 5 EXPECTATIONS

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
Well I am expecting a 8~12 core processor, no less than 16GB of ram low end, 20+GB of ram on the high end. Native 4k resolution and a 4k UHD blu ray player. And as for cost I am going to say $500.

P.S. they are going to have to go big on the specs because cell phones are advancing at a rapid pace. My Samsung Galaxy S8+ can output PS4 graphics without any problems.

WarVet

Reaction score
Well I am expecting a 8~12 core processor, no less than 16GB of ram low end, 20+GB of ram on the high end. Native 4k resolution and a 4k UHD blu ray player. And as for cost I am going to say $500.

P.S. they are going to have to go big on the specs because cell phones are advancing at a rapid pace. My Samsung Galaxy S8+ can output PS4 graphics without any problems.
Do you really think they can manage to keep the cost that low? I won't say that I have any expectations to buy it because everything is extremely overpriced here. For instance, if the item costs 500$ there over here it would cost at least 2300$ in our money. Yup Welcome to Brazil.

victorslide05

Reaction score

your so right! If all this cellphones can make use of controllers.hahaha

Tania997

Reaction score
We can’t fully assess what the PlayStation 5 will look like from a hardware perspective. But I expect something really powerful, a 12 core processor, lots of ram, something that will blow competition out of the water. The cost will be around $600 I think. I'd like backwards compatibility but who knows if that is possible.

augusta

Reaction score
yea,I expect something better and bigger.I love PS. looking forward to this one with a lot complexity

lindbergh

Reaction score
I'm expecting that it's going to cost 500 bucks and that I won't be eating lunch for days just to be able to afford buying one! I hope I'm wrong though.

Now on to the features:
  1. I expect that it would come with a VR Headset and a motion controller.
  2. I also expect that it would have a 12 core processor with 16GB ram.
  3. I expect that it would provide proper 4k gaming.
  4. I expect that there will be a shift towards more games being downloadable rather than using disks.
  5. And, of course, the PS5 won't be upgradeable to make room for the PS6. :(
And to conclude, I expect that the console is going to be awesooomme!
playstation-5-ps5-release-date-confirmed.jpg

(note: this is just a concept art taken from some website.)

Tania997

Reaction score
I'm expecting that it's going to cost 500 bucks and that I won't be eating lunch for days just to be able to afford buying one! I hope I'm wrong though.

Now on to the features:
  1. I expect that it would come with a VR Headset and a motion controller.
  2. I also expect that it would have a 12 core processor with 16GB ram.
  3. I expect that it would provide proper 4k gaming.
  4. I expect that there will be a shift towards more games being downloadable rather than using disks.
  5. And, of course, the PS5 won't be upgradeable to make room for the PS6. :(
And to conclude, I expect that the console is going to be awesooomme!
playstation-5-ps5-release-date-confirmed.jpg

(note: this is just a concept art taken from some website.)

Wow, that's a really good concept art! The controller looks a little weird with those lights, but the console itself is not bad at all. I don't know about going more digital, because there are people who will always prefer disks on their console and since there are a lot of people like that, sony would not want to alienate a big part of their fanbase.

Xilkozuf

Reaction score
Well except for the all amazing tech and everything that it will have (not really an expert in that matter so I won't make any guesses) there is just one thing I hope and that will probably never happen: a serious backwards compatibility! It shouldn't be too hard! Just bring in a integrated built in PS3/PS2/PS1 emulator on a separate hardware inside the same console! It would make it four times better, but at the same time many remastered for it would be pointless... but a man can dream.

Tania997

Reaction score
Well except for the all amazing tech and everything that it will have (not really an expert in that matter so I won't make any guesses) there is just one thing I hope and that will probably never happen: a serious backwards compatibility! It shouldn't be too hard! Just bring in a integrated built in PS3/PS2/PS1 emulator on a separate hardware inside the same console! It would make it four times better, but at the same time many remastered for it would be pointless... but a man can dream.

That would be amazing, but I heard that it would be impossible to put that in because of something hardware related. They also would lose a lot of money on remasters, considering how much the current Gen relies on those. I don't really like this thing, but if the remaster is an improvement over the old version then I won't criticize anyone.

fireball916

Reaction score
I've given up hope for PS2/PS3 backwards compatibility, but I think PS4 games need to work on the PS5 in order to justify buying one closer to launch since my PS4 is still doing just fine. I don't care what the specs of the PS5 are going to be as long as it can run native 4k at bare minimum consistent 45+ FPS. 60+ FPS would obviously be the goal but I think 45+ would be reasonable. I also want it to run multitasking smoother that what is currently runs.

Muaaz

Reaction score
First of all, i expect it to be released in 2019.
Second of all 16 Gb of ram is a must, 4K is must
Then it should have proper backward compatibility in it so PS NOW should become dead and they could compete Xbox backwards compatibility
Changes in Touch pad of Dual shock controller as DS 4 touch pad is of no use.