• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What do you use for web development?

Yukibana

Reaction score
Web development has gotten more automated lately, with automated building tools and a quite complex system of processing raw files into HTML and CSS. For luddites who might have been content with Notepad editing, this is a huge divergence from that. I've used Grunt/Gulp and the like before but haven't found them extremely easy to use. I see their virtues by automating what would have been done manually, though, so I try to use them. What do you think about these kinds of tools?

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
I switch between tools, depending on the project really. My two favorites though are Sublime Text and Brackets.io

overcast

Reaction score
Brackets and the Atom Editor looks the same. I have found that brackets and Atom seems to be heavy on my machine. No idea is it because of the fact me being on 2GB RAM for this particular machine. So these days I am using Visual Studio Code. And that editor seems to be good enough for me so far.