• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is Terraria?

ProNine

Reaction score
For those who don't know, Terraria is basically a 2D sandbox. No, it's not a Minecraft rip off is that's what you're thinking. In this game, you get to explore the world, collecting material, and crafting all sorts of items What makes this game stand out is the enormous variety of weaponry which allows the characters to have their own adventures. For example, I can assume the role of a mage and just use magic weapons. There are many ways to do so and it's really up to you.

Nemto Tadak

Reaction score
I am new to Terraria. My 9 yr old son loves it, but I am just not feeling the 2D scroll games anymore. I must say the game seems to be well defined and is definitely growing in terms of popularity and franchise.

I found several Terraria toys online and my son has been collecting Terraria related products like the popular inventory editor TerrarriaViewer. He was so happy to find that and download it! It apparently gives him more control over his inventory. I swear that child should plan on becoming a warehouse manager. He loves manipulating game inventories.

And as you suggest, the massive number of weapons is an attraction. I find that the graphics are amazing, for a 2D game. That really makes
exploration all the more fun.

Rhomhie Morelh Campo

Reaction score
Terraria is a sandbox 2D based game that require's patience on building something you imagined, similar to Minecraft except that it isn't a first person game. I learned a lot of things in the game requires me so much time and effort to the game but as time, go's by i already realize that i kills a lot of time for me and realizing that it cannot benefit me anymore, but to be honest terraria is so awesome and extremely addictive to play with.

ValX

Reaction score
I define Terraria as the 2D version of Minecraft. Though I don't play Terraria as much because it is so confusing, I'm pretty sure there are so many things waiting to be discovered. I dislike Minecraft's single-player, but it felt different with Terraria. Terraria is a 2D sandbox game, with various adventures awaits. There are just too many things in Terraria that I should probably play and find out myself. It is very time-consuming and just never ending. If you love adventure games and sandbox games, Terraria is what you should really try and play. I'm pretty sure if you managed to play it for an hour, you are addicted and will play it continuously.

valy

Reaction score
Terraria is a sandbox 2D, where you must create a base and try to survive to different monsters like zombie. I am new to this game but i must say it did caught me up, and i love it.