• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What is the latest version of Battlefield?

iTommy

Reaction score
I played and finished battlefield 4 but not sure this is the latest version of it. My question is, what is the latest version of battlefield? and when they will release it?

Zeyad

Reaction score
Battlefield 1 has already been released it's been on the markets for quite a while now and it's the latest battlefield. There's also one after that called battlefield hardline which is currently my favorite with its theme based on police and robbers, it's really unique I really do suggest you try it out.

iTommy

Reaction score
Battlefield 1 has already been released it's been on the markets for quite a while now and it's the latest battlefield

Are you sure about this?
I played Battlefield 4 and now you are saying that Battlefield 1 is the latest version. I am getting confused about this.
Can anyone confirm me this is correct or not?

Zeyad

Reaction score
Are you sure about this?
I played Battlefield 4 and now you are saying that Battlefield 1 is the latest version. I am getting confused about this.
I am sure about this the whole point of calling it battlefield 1 is not because its older than the other versions it's only because they went back in time, instead of making a modern FPS they took it back in time including old guns and horses, thats why it's called battlefield 1 however it is the newest one on the market right now

iTommy

Reaction score
I am sure about this the whole point of calling it battlefield 1 is not because its older than the other versions it's only because they went back in time, instead of making a modern FPS they took it back in time including old guns and horses, thats why it's called battlefield 1 however it is the newest one on the market right now
Would you minding sharing me the link or some images/video about this version?
I want to be sure that I will choose right game as you suggested.

Thanks

Zeyad

Reaction score
IMG_0464.jpg
Here is a link to the official game trailer:

The following image has all the release dates of past battlefield versions and as you can see battlefield 4 was released in 2013 while battlefield 1 was released in 2016 as well as hardline being released in 2015

Frank

Reaction score
Yeah, it's kinda weird to call it Battlefield 1, but they did anyway.

As a side note, has anyone played it? How is it? I used to be a big fan of historical shooters back in the day when they were popular and am really thinking about giving this one a shot.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Are you sure about this?
He is correct. Battlefield 1 is the latest version of the series. It is pretty easy to check this, look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_(video_game_series)

On the Wikipedia page, you can see everything related to the franchise. What order the games were released in, the year, all of the DLC's and more. You can even click on the majority of them and it will take you to separate Wikipedia page that focuses on the particular game.

You can see that it is the truth. There was even Battlefield Hardline after BF4 but I suggest you skip it because it wasn't too good. However, I really do recommend the Battlefield 1 - it is an awesome addition to the series and keeps the good things still in the game but also brings new features.

iTommy

Reaction score
View attachment 505 Here is a link to the official game trailer:

The following image has all the release dates of past battlefield versions and as you can see battlefield 4 was released in 2013 while battlefield 1 was released in 2016 as well as hardline being released in 2015
Thanks for your info.
So, I could play this game on my PC if I buy it?
It is a bit weird why they named this game like that, battlefield 1 or they are planning redo this game from scratch?

Gladdy

Reaction score
I honestly have no idea why they have named it like that... Perhaps because it is set during World War I? We should ask EA :)

But yes, if you buy the game you can play it on the computer. Or even a console if you have one. Just make sure that your computer meets the lowest specs: https://www.battlefield.com/games/battlefield-1/tech