• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What started it all?

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
What was your first console that started your "gaming career" (basically what wad your first console) Mine was the gamecube that I got when I was very little. I only played need for speed on it and POWER RANGERS.

uchenna

Reaction score
My first gaming system is the "GameBoy Color."
Hmm so fun
game-boy-color439307.jpg

TheGod

Reaction score
Some GameBoy, I forget which :p
But, primarily the Original Xbox in... I think '02 or '03?

Zahreah

Reaction score
My first ever one was the original PlayStation.
I think i got that in like 2000 when i was 4.
Got the original xbox a year after that.

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
KizDef said:
Hmm so fun
game-boy-color439307.jpg

That was my second gaming system, I had a lime green one and I played some wrestling game on it (Came with the system)

StolenKid

Reaction score
PlayStation One, and my first game was Crash Bandicoot, that was the start of all, that's when it all started, I still have them, the PS One and the games, maybe i'll play them later.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
I remember playing Pokemon Yellow with the GBA and it kept me hooked for a long time as a kid. I played other games too like Ninja Turtles and Battle City, but mostly Pokemon games are the best ones. Well it's Nintendo after all. I don't know how much money I spent on batteries before I found out about rechargeable ones. Yikes. At least I still have it with me after all these years. The cartridges have long been gone from history, but the GBA is still in my closet.
game-boy-advance-blk.jpg

yunken

Reaction score
Hmm so fun
game-boy-color439307.jpg
Same here, mine was also Gameboy color. I felt on top of the world when I had my first game. It's a memory I will hardly forget.

ZXD22

Reaction score
The first console that really got me going was my old N64. If was my first legit console that I actually owned and I remember playing on it for hours on end as a youngster downstairs. That's when I got my old Packard Bell PC and star

Jameson

Reaction score
Wow some of you guys go way back, incredible. My first console was the PlayStation one.

mistakenichi

Reaction score
I'm a '96 man. The first NES I played was this old thing:

original.jpg

Was my mother tetris beloved machine. Then Santa gave me a more beautiful NES embedded into a Keyboard that actually worked for writing in a game it got inside (I can't remember it very well but it was about fruits ._. ). The PS2, years later, was my real gamer starting point: I'm talking about the non-sleeping nights, eating while playing, not seeing my parents for weeks and that stuff.

anaatef9

Reaction score
My first gaming console was the Sega where I played Super Mario amongst other games. However, I would say the game that made me like gaming is FIFA 10 on the ps3. That is the game where I understood why I like games, the rush of winning. I love playing online games and winning. There is nothing better than knowing there is someone on the other end of an online match and having a competitive environment makes it better.

randolm

Reaction score
I cant really say but I think it was the SNES however since I was a kid it is difficult to say what was just someone elses that they ended up giving to me when they left (my uncle played so it could have been left to me when he moved out)or whether or not it was mine to begin with-I know I have 2 in my closet somehow lol. If it wasnt the snes then it was gameboy color with pokemon (that feels like forever ago). Though my fist game I played was mario- the one with vegetables and I couldn't figure out how to get through the first door lol

Zeratul2020

Reaction score
I believe it was the Nintendo SNES in '93 then Portable Gameboy in '95, then bought a PS2 in "04, a PS3 in 2012, an Xbox One in 2016 and I think I'll buy another console next year or later this year, I'll sell my PS2 and Xbox 1 and get s PS4.

pierrepotro

Reaction score
I'm more of a PC guy, the first device I had was the Gameboy and I played a lot of Pokemon back in the day, and I still play it sometimes via an emulator due to the nostalgia.