• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

What' your favorite NEO GEO game?

Jojo83

Reaction score
SNK's Neo Geo machine had an arcade and home version. It was a game system with one of the longest, if not the longest lifespan in history. It was released in 1990 and games were still being developed for it until 2004. My favorite game for it would be Metal Slug X. It was just a fun game and all the character animation and graphics were great. It was just frenetic gunfire, explosions and tanks and it was a blast. Runner ups would be the legendary King of Fighters series fighting game which one of the best fighting games in history. The Samurai Showdown series and the Last Blade series are also great.

LitoLawless

Reaction score
There are just so many that come to mind. I was a fan of the fighting games like the King of Fighters and Samurai Showdown series, I also was a really big Metal Slug fan. Art of Fighting had it's moments as well. I really liked Raiden (I'm pretty sure this was a Neo Geo game) but didn't play it that much, there was also this street basketball game that came out for Neo Geo that I really loved.

joshposh

Reaction score
This was awhile back. I was never into fighting games, so I gravitated to King of the Monsters. For those that are unfamiliar with the game, it's basically a monster bash up games where giant monsters are fighting in city surroundings.

thart

Reaction score
I love SVC Chaos. Capcom characters are gorgeous, amazing pixel art work here. Gameplay is fast and simple, I like it as it si. Also the roster is great and they picked some unexpected characters.
I know that it's not a balanced fighter at all, but it's a lot of fun.

hermessantos

Reaction score
There are just so many that come to mind. I was a fan of the fighting games like the King of Fighters and Samurai Showdown series, I also was a really big Metal Slug fan. Art of Fighting had it's moments as well. I really liked Raiden (I'm pretty sure this was a Neo Geo game) but didn't play it that much, there was also this street basketball game that came out for Neo Geo that I really loved.
Samurai Shodown marked my childhood a lot. I think this is one of my top games in this category. I really was very addicted to this game hahaha.

Denis_P

Reaction score
I can't say that I have very much experience with the Neo Geo but I have played the first Metal Slug and I thought that game was amazing. It's so super over-the-top and I love the cartoony art style. I think to this day that the sprite animations are some of the best I've ever seen in a game. I stink at the run-and gun genre of games like Metal Slug and Contra though, but it's still a blast to play with a friend, plenty of laughs and good times are in store.

Gladdy

Reaction score
I never owned Neo Geo system myself but I played it a few times at my uncle's house. He also loved to game, haha. My favorite games that I remember from the Neo Geo are:

- Pulstar; this is a great shooter type of game. So much fun and great level design,
- Metal Slug X; this is the only Metal Slug that I've tried out of the series but I absolutely loved it!
- Samurai Showdown; I am not sure what number it was... I think the second one. Great quality fighter game.

overcast

Reaction score
I think metal slug was one of the popular game they had. Then you can also find some of the good series like fatal fury. Not only that both of these games turned out to be popular among community. And there are some fan adaptions and mod for the same too. So those are the two games that I know of.

Referal

Reaction score
I only Played Metal Slug and Metal Slug 2 I don't any other games that they use or play or own as I haven't really that much but I used to play Metal Slug