• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Who is the most under rated hero?

pauldox3

Reaction score
Whos the most under rated hero in your own opinion? In my own opinion, it's Keeper of the light. He has tons of utility under his belt, top Tier base movement speed, awesome jungling, nice wave clear, blind, fast disengage ability, situational sustain, you name it Keeper of the light has it all! But what i love most about Keeper of the light is mana drain. Mana drain honestly is one of the best non ultimate skills in the game IMO but i might be wrong lol. How about you? who do you think is the most under rated hero?

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
For me it's Daredevil. As a child, he got blinded by radioactive waste while trying to save a stranger about to get hit by a truck carrying hazardous material. As a result, he got his senses hypersensitive, being amazingly sharp and became a human "radar". During the day he is a successful lawyer using the name Matt Murdock, by night, he fights the crime as Daredevil.

[Oh shoe...just noticed you were asking about the game Defense of the Ancients...the title clickbaited me xD]

djdanilo

Reaction score
Whos the most under rated hero in your own opinion? In my own opinion, it's Keeper of the light. He has tons of utility under his belt, top Tier base movement speed, awesome jungling, nice wave clear, blind, fast disengage ability, situational sustain, you name it Keeper of the light has it all! But what i love most about Keeper of the light is mana drain. Mana drain honestly is one of the best non ultimate skills in the game IMO but i might be wrong lol. How about you? who do you think is the most under rated hero?

I agree with Keeper of the Light. I would also say that one of the underrated heroes is Undying. He is great for anti ganks, and should be feared in those situations, and with tombstone he can be very aggressive on a solo lane. Main problem with Undying is, I think, that he falls off in late game, unless he is mega farmed, but even then, his damage amp isn't enough to keep him relevant.

m33kuh

Reaction score
Hey OP. For your information, Keeper of the Light is not an underrated hero. Lol. If you are watching tournaments specially the Majors and Internationals, you will see that KOTL has a 70-80% pick rate. Where's the underrated on that?

Anyway, I don't think there is an underrated hero. All of them are being picked in the pro scene. But if you are referring to the trench scene like 1k - 4k MMR bracket, then you will mostly say that some heroes are overrated because people tend to spam them just to increase their MMRs. You won't be seeing an position 4/5 LC in those MMR ranges. Because they have this mentality that LC is a jungler and a carry hero. They are noobs. I use LC often but I don't use her as a core hero. I use her as a support. I heal or buff my carry, and disable (duel) an enemy which can do potential effect to my team.

Hikin33t

Reaction score
I use LC often but I don't use her as a core hero. I use her as a support. I heal or buff my carry, and disable (duel) an enemy which can do potential effect to my team.

That's interesting. She's actually got a good kit to be used as a support. Tanky with the longest stun in the game as an ultimate, a strong nuke for early game ganks and pressure, a heal and an AS buff, topped off with the ability to scale into the late game.

The question is, what kind of comps would work well with her. Who do you like to lane her with? Do you roam at the start at all or sit on the safe lane with jungle pulls?

fishmonk

Reaction score
I'm not sure about underrated hero but I feel that Oracle is pretty good. Oracle is pretty good support and has some unique skillsets. Oracle can save allies and do plenty of damage. The only issue is a lack of stun. There is a need to position well since the enemies want to prevent Oracle from casting his ultimate.

m33kuh

Reaction score
That's interesting. She's actually got a good kit to be used as a support. Tanky with the longest stun in the game as an ultimate, a strong nuke for early game ganks and pressure, a heal and an AS buff, topped off with the ability to scale into the late game.

The question is, what kind of comps would work well with her. Who do you like to lane her with? Do you roam at the start at all or sit on the safe lane with jungle pulls?
Hmm. Good question. It also depends on what your teammates pick. If you are going to play LC, don't pick first. That is the golden rule. LC is best teamed with a burst hero. Either magic or strong physical dps. Spell casters such as lina or lion or storm is good to pair with LC because while you disable the enemy, the mage will be free casting burst spells. Duel + invoker sunstrike is also a good combo to abuse, you can farm duel dmg easily using that. If you have bad luck in lanes, you can do jungle and farm dagger as fast as you can. Then you can help other lanes. DOn't forget to give the kills to the core Heroes.