• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Why do you like Overwatch?

Do you like Overwatch?

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

luispas

Reaction score
I don't understand how and why everyone is obsessed with this game. I played it but I was a little confused with everything.
I don't like too much the shooters.
I can only find Tracer as the only reason to play it, shes so fun.
I wanted to know why do you like this game.
3067965-overwatch-review-promo-20160523_v2.jpg

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yeah, Overwatch can definitely feel confusing and overwhelming at first. Especially if you aren't too used to this type of FPS. I remember when I tried it back in the beta and was like.... whoa what the hell is happening? haha.

I just slowly got used to it. It isn't as hard once you get familiar with the maps and all of the available heroes. Each one has special spells and ultimate so that's important to learn and adjust your comp depending on the enemy team.

Why I love Overwatch? that's simple. Because it's absolutely amazing! It is so unique with its fast paced action packed gameplay. I feel entertained when I play it and that's the most important. I also love to jump into the ranked games and see how I am compared to others.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I tried it back in the beta and was like.... whoa what the hell is happening? haha.
Right? :p Now so much has changed since beta it's almost an entirely new game lmao.

I don't understand how and why everyone is obsessed with this game.
Honestly, I got it to play with friends. That's the best thing about the game :) Besides, it's funny watching people rage over some of the most unrealistic kills lmao.

Bayoneutra

Reaction score
I'm a visual-novel nerd and therefore I love things with amazing characters and interesting lore, and for me Overwatch has it all. The heroes are dynamic and interesting, the backstories are incredible and all of them are unique in all aspects, so finding a main that matches your style isn't that hard!

Honestly, I got it to play with friends. That's the best thing about the game :) Besides, it's funny watching people rage over some of the most unrealistic kills lmao.

THIS. Honestly that is the best gameplay aspect. I love playing it with friends because the game is very teamwork-based so you need to have a good dynamic with your group, otherwise you won't make it far. Even less if you play as support, so you won't catch me playing with randoms, not alive.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Right? :p Now so much has changed since beta it's almost an entirely new game lmao.

Yeah, I do like that they are adding changes to the actual game otherwise it would get boring. I think they are doing a good job of introducing new characters and new maps at a good pace - not too fast or too slow. I am not a huge fan of Sombra (the latest addition) but hey. She's fun to play and hack people.

And I am the same as you then. My favorite thing is to group up with my friends and just mess around a bit. There's so many 100% guaranteed laughing moments. I remember few times when I played Winston and accidentally jumped off the map by myself while teamed with 4 other friends. They almost died from laughter in the Discord :relaxed:

Javo1096

Reaction score
Before Overwatch there was Team Fortress but it's a different thing when Blizzard takes the charge, I mean they're one of the best game making companies so far, everything they make is pure gold from Starcraft to Diablo. Talking purely about the game it's colorful, fast paced and to a certain level there is a need for strategy in order to win a game but I think what mostly made this game so popular was the competitive scene, the south koreans literally just embraced this game and made it a whole e-sport in the matter of weeks when it first came out.

Cendrillon

Reaction score
You just can't take your eyes away from whatever Blizzard might pop up, and before you know it you're already into it.
Not to mention that it became such an intricate universe in such little time, I just want to play and find out every little secret lying around!
Also as you've said before, beating everyone up and cracking up about it is the best~

luispas

Reaction score
Yeah, Overwatch can definitely feel confusing and overwhelming at first. Especially if you aren't too used to this type of FPS. I remember when I tried it back in the beta and was like.... whoa what the hell is happening? haha.

I just slowly got used to it. It isn't as hard once you get familiar with the maps and all of the available heroes. Each one has special spells and ultimate so that's important to learn and adjust your comp depending on the enemy team.

Why I love Overwatch? that's simple. Because it's absolutely amazing! It is so unique with its fast paced action packed gameplay. I feel entertained when I play it and that's the most important. I also love to jump into the ranked games and see how I am compared to others.
I agree, it's so hard for me to be focused. Now I know why you leave LoL haha

luispas

Reaction score
You just can't take your eyes away from whatever Blizzard might pop up, and before you know it you're already into it.
Not to mention that it became such an intricate universe in such little time, I just want to play and find out every little secret lying around!
Also as you've said before, beating everyone up and cracking up about it is the best~
Yes, I got your point. It's amazing how fast it became popular.

Ferns

Reaction score
I think it's a breath of fresh air comparing it to other first person shooting games. An overwhelming number of shooting games are based on the two world Wars and it gets a bit boring after a while. The visuals in this game are stunning and I particularity admire the dystopian near-future setting.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
Watching the videos I thought it looked fun. I'm not really a fan of first person MOBA games because I get motion sick too quickly, but they have a diverse assortment of characters and a fairly competitive community, so I don't see Overwatch losing popularity anytime soon, barring them making updates that alienate their community or a new game gets released that will steal OW's thunder; their chances are good. There's a new game called Lawbreakers or something that has a similar format to Overwatch, which should be fun to see how they fair against it.

valy

Reaction score
I don't think there are to many obsessed with this game, Luispas, I have tried this game once but it was too blurry for me! The global crises, the Titan project and creating a team....all these gave me no satifaction so i gave up and never returned to this game. I am not surprised that Overwatch have fans as well, in fact any game have lovers and haters!

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
Lol don't worry, you can learn, it's not that hard.
I know but Im not into MOBA anymore... Last MOBA game i played was DOTA ver 32. I think it was the birth of the Alchemist or meepo or something. Anyways... My reflexes is always against me now so, im happy i can still play other games once in a while

luispas

Reaction score
I know but Im not into MOBA anymore... Last MOBA game i played was DOTA ver 32. I think it was the birth of the Alchemist or meepo or something. Anyways... My reflexes is always against me now so, im happy i can still play other games once in a while
:tearsofjoy: what a shame, but I think that maybe with practice you can improve your reflexes. As you said, you have a lot of games that you can play instead of MOBAs.

Neiltarquin

Reaction score
:tearsofjoy: what a shame, but I think that maybe with practice you can improve your reflexes. As you said, you have a lot of games that you can play instead of MOBAs.

My friends actually want me to play Mobile Legends and I've seen the game. As I watch them play, i can see it is a good game. Actually a great game.

luispas

Reaction score
My friends actually want me to play Mobile Legends and I've seen the game. As I watch them play, i can see it is a good game. Actually a great game.
I've never played it, but it looks fine, you should give it a try, who knows? Maybe you become a pro on it.

BeardedMamba

Reaction score
I like it because it's a different take for FPS games. From a simple shooting game, Overwatch is very advanced, and it's going to take a lot of adjustments if you're used to simple FPS like CS:GO.

Tronikart

Reaction score
Fast-paced shooter with a lot of options to play and a lot of characters that dont even need you to aim? SIGN ME UP

But seriously though, they got an idea and improved it so much, the gameplay is easy to pick up, because of the amount of options there are, you will find something that suits your needs, if you want to snipe, camp, play with turrets, block paths, heal, protect others, theres a place for you in Overwatch, Thats why I love it so much