• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox One Xbox One a failure?

Bremaine

Reaction score
There is much hate going on about the Xbox One on how it's not selling and that it doesn't have the right resolution for most games, and so on. I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I still plan to get one, just like I plan to get a PS4 and Wii U as well. Anyways, do you feel that the Xbox One is going to be a failure? I heard some time ago that it was actually selling more than what the Xbox 360 was when it was first released, so I just think people are far too worried. Lets wait awhile and then judge it.

What is your opinion on this?

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
A lot of people saying these things are not looking at statistics and are going by their own opinions. I have the Xbox one and the PS4 in this house and I use the Xbox one 99% more of the time. Simply because most of my friends have it. I literally only know one person who has the PS4 over the Xbox one. I also love the fact that it can do so much more then just gaming. I use it for multimedia purposes as well where the PS4 fails to do so. If you really want to pay attention to details, the PS4 can have better display over the Xbox one, but it is BARELY noticeable. Even still, only games that are being made specifically for the PS4 will you see any difference. As games who are made for both consoles will have the same graphics.

Avex

Founding Member
Reaction score
Personal preference. If you prefer PS4 over Xbox One you're going to make up bullshit about the console, being the fanboy you truly are and vise versa. I plan on getting an Xbox One even though I prefer PS4 due to the fact all my friends play it. I've played both for a substantial amount of time and really, there's no difference however Xbox One is more of an entertainment console while PS4 is more for gaming.

sglider12

Reaction score
I think that it is all personal preference. I own an Xbox One and I absolutely love the console. The online community is outstanding, the free games with Gold promotions are always nice, and I love all of the features that Kinect has. I love being able to just walk into my room, say "Xbox On!" and it turn on while I get into some comfortable clothes to game in.

I also use my console for watching TV and movies. I'll either stream Netflix off of it or stream a movie from my computer to it.

Squigly

Reaction score
PC Master race!!!

Well among the peasant consoles I would still prefer the XBone, but begrudgingly only because of console exclusives like Halo 5. TBH I don't really see that much of a difference in visual performance and specs between the two consoles. (The Wii U however, is a different story...)

insertkittyface

Reaction score
I don't think it's really a failure, but definitely not a big hit like they thought it was going to be. People are always going to prefer the 360 over it, I believe, and not to mention the PS4 came out right around the same time so i'm sure that had something to do with it being not so successful.

mauricioq

Reaction score
Not a failure at all, they sold and are still selling pretty good. I, personally prefer the Playstation but, that's just my opinion, I know a lot of people who prefer the Xbox. In the end, it's all balanced.

Ridge

Reaction score
Xbox One is selling super well, even if more PS4s are moving.

How are we defining failure here? The Xbox One doesn't have to outsell PS4 to make Microsoft truckloads of money. The "console wars" matter more to fans than the executives and share holders.

Sugarhill

Reaction score
The only time I've ever heard about the One being a failure is when I am listening to a Playstation fan. The One just has too many options right now and in the works for it to be a failure. Microsoft should've never backed down on their original plans as they would have been further along by now. I'm still upset about the shuttling of the game share.

TheViper

Reaction score
The multimedia aspect and "entertainment" is kinda what turns most people off. It was all a gimmick sale that didn't go over well with fans. When you have your own hardcore fanboys tell you that they aren't buying your console. Then you know that your focus is on the wrong thing. The simple fact is that Xbox One has games that most people want to play and the online play is still attractive.

jackslivi

Reaction score
Isn't it obvious that it is a failure? The price for it now still has not gone down which is why it is doing so horrible. If they would lower the price, that would for sure get them some more points. And in the beginning they did not have but what, 5 games out for it. They are slowly getting more and more games for it. My family wants it but it has to go down in price for that. I am hoping it is amazing because we love the xbox 360. I think people are in love with the xbox one because of its dual screen. You can literally watch netflicks and play a game at the same time. How awesome is that? I am hoping by Christmas this year it goes down in price so we can test it out.

joshposh

Reaction score
It really come down to console game exclusives. If you absolutely love Halo, then of course you are going to buy a xbox one. Majority of the games that are being produced are coming out for both consoles. I've heard from a lot of people that the resolution difference between the two consoles doesn't change the fun factor or highly noticeable.

Lights

Reaction score
Not at all, and nor is it going to be. Microsoft made a big risk by bundling the Kinect on all their launch consoles, bumping the price to $100 more than the PS4 and that cost them dearly, but they still sold a lot of consoles. Now that they're offering a kinect-less console and have a bunch of game bundles coming out soon, I think we'll see Microsoft taking the lead, or at least selling as much as the PS4 this holiday season.

dinomarino1

Reaction score
right now there is nothing next gen about any of the newer games except for graphical improvements. IMO the xbox one is a failure on multiple levels. i mean70 bucks for a controler?

pcgamer

Reaction score
I wouldn't say that it is a failure. It's far from a failure. Granted, it left a sour test in our mouth when it launched initially, but they not only brought more positivity to this console later on, they never hesitated from cutting the prices as well. While it's not selling as well as its rival, it's doing well for itself.

BJL717

Reaction score
I recently purchased an Xbox One not too long ago, and I must say, it is not what people made it out to be. I am having an amazing time! Also, it's a nice upgrade from the 360, and for the price, you can't beat it.

ducklord

Reaction score
Yep, it is, directly compared to the PS4. It has less and up to a point worse exclusives - Sunset Overdrive and a new Halo are on the same level as God of War and Uncharted, but PS4 ALSO has The Order, the upcoming must-for-retro-fans Shadow of the Beast as well as indie mega-titles like No Man's Sky.

And there's something many people forget: Xbox One is "just" Microsoft's gaming system. They support it, but up to a point, like they do with Windows and Office.

PlayStation 4 ain't just "one of Sony's products". It was. Until their TVs and smartphones and whatever else they did flopped. Now, they're full force behind PlayStation as a brand. It's not a product: it's their future. That means bucketloads of money on it, amazing games that HAVE to convince you they're the best, or else Sony's bust (the way they, themselves, see it - as even told in interviews).

So, on one hand you've got Microsoft's "gaming project", on the other hand you've got Sony itself, dedicated to making the best frickin' game system in the world, for its dear life. Who do you think will win? Up to now, it _is_ Sony, as any search for "Xbox One vs PS4" will tell you. The masses chose. And, for once, they chose wisely :-D

teamshepherd

Reaction score
I don't think it is a failure. But I think I am biased a little as I am and have been an Xbox fan for a while. We can't afford to buy both PS4 and Xbox One so I full force rallied to get the Xbox. That being said I have had plenty of time and opportunity to use a PS4 that my brother owns and I still prefer Xbox One to it.

gadin210

Reaction score
I personally love my Xbone! I dont play it a ton because Im a broke college student, but When I play it there is not fail to satisfy!

Kamarsun1

Reaction score
There is much hate going on about the Xbox One on how it's not selling and that it doesn't have the right resolution for most games, and so on. I don't own an Xbox One yet, but I still plan to get one, just like I plan to get a PS4 and Wii U as well. Anyways, do you feel that the Xbox One is going to be a failure? I heard some time ago that it was actually selling more than what the Xbox 360 was when it was first released, so I just think people are far too worried. Lets wait awhile and then judge it.

What is your opinion on this?
I don't have a xbox one, I decided to go with the PS4, and I wish I would have gotten the Xbox one, but my boys enjoy the ps4, and I personally still play on the 360, it's still one of the best consoles ever made in my opinion, and I have plans on buying the one, because most of the reviews are good from what I heard.