• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Xbox One banning for CURSING!?!

Pluto

Reaction score

Skip to 5:00 if you want a laugh XD

Guardian

Reaction score
Ah, the one reason I would actually buy one. :p

Pluto

Reaction score
That's awful, I hate consoles in general so it doesn't matter to me XD

Toxique

MOTM
Reaction score
"If you really want to make them uncomfortable Play your PlayStation in the nude"

Hahaha :p

Pluto

Reaction score
Make sure you look over every once in a while and give them the finger, and if you really want to make them uncomfortable play your console in the nude.

Stealth

Reaction score
I've said quite a few naughty words & haven't been banned.

zackd

Reaction score
I got banned for my username and it was dumb lmao. Xbox is like the damn fun police if you have a badass username and get attacked by 12 year olds but roast tf outta them you get banned lol. It isn't bad I just hate how they change your username to random letters and numbers though.

WarVet

Reaction score
While the cursing problem is an issue I agree I think banning is a far too extreme penalty. It would be like an employer firing you for swearing when you spilled coffee on your lap. The could issue a warning or apply a temporary ban but permanent ban? Totally out of hand.
PS: The solution given to the problem in the video was just priceless :sweatsmile:

overcast

Reaction score
I remember lot of my friends got booted from chat for that. I think it's fair to say that some people just curse all the time. And for no reason too. But it is too much of moral policing from them. So it was expected in that context. I don't think it'd be good to consider this approach though. Gamers are like that they need to understand.

SirJoe

Reaction score
It has a name, it's called censorship. If they want to do this they should create a different section for people that are older then a certain age. A over 16, or something like that.

sarahme85

Reaction score
I am terrified of playing multiplayer with a head set because my gamer tag says it all: Guttermouth17 -- indication enough why I should be silenced. I cannot play any game without pulling out the biggest baddest curse words.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I am generally not a fan of speech restrictions. I have always regarded censorship as a personal responsibility and not something to be projected onto the public at large. Having said that, the gamer community, and Xbox lobbies in particular, are frequently so extremely vulgar that I have a hard time being upset about this. This is the community that gave us swatting, after all. For those who don't know, swatting is what happens when a mad gamer figures out where his opponent lives and calls the cops to falsely accuse him of a heinous crime which will provoke a swat team response. A point does come where drastic measures need to be taken and maybe this is it.

PenguinManiac

Reaction score
I am generally not a fan of speech restrictions. I have always regarded censorship as a personal responsibility and not something to be projected onto the public at large. Having said that, the gamer community, and Xbox lobbies in particular, are frequently so extremely vulgar that I have a hard time being upset about this. This is the community that gave us swatting, after all. For those who don't know, swatting is what happens when a mad gamer figures out where his opponent lives and calls the cops to falsely accuse him of a heinous crime which will provoke a swat team response. A point does come where drastic measures need to be taken and maybe this is it.
Wow, that sounds... extreme, to say the least. It's insane to think anyone would react like that for a freaking game. Well, it's also concerning that anyone can find out such personal information and send cops with such ease, but that goes beyond the point.
I am against all kinds of censorship as well, but I wouldn't immediately rule it out if it's employed to stop behaviour that can discourage new players from engaging in co-op. I'm not a fan of swearing either, so I may be a little biased there, but it wouldn't be all that bad to watch our tongue a little more.

kgord

Reaction score
I don't think that is a bad idea personally. After all kids could be playing those games, and there is no reason they should be exposed to vulgar language. There is enough of that in this society as it is.

Referal

Reaction score
I don't think this is really a big issue that Xbox has to really take on and ban users for cussing or swearing I Know when I used to play football (American Soccer) People users to swear a lot in general in sports people swear a lot so I don't any reasons why they won't swear during playing a game and as if people who play videos games daily don't know what cussing and swearing is.