• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Your Favorite 80s or Early 90s PC Game

GameCube

Reaction score
I liked this Apple game where you use a plane to bomb Japanese held islands in World War II. It was pretty cool stuff, considering that at the time graphics were very simple. Anyway, despite the time, the graphics didn't seem very simple, but probably it was some sort of intentional illusion.

JaiGuru

Reaction score
I still go back and play Warcraft 2 over again from time to time. I really like those early, simple RTS games. There's something pure about their design. No hero classes. No special abilities. No multi-map questing. Just basic resource and time management. I find it has almost a zen-like quality once you get to the point where you know what everything needs to be unblocked.

Pixie06

Reaction score
My favourite games at that time were Super Mario, Warcraft, Civilization and so forth. I was addicted to those games and could play for hours. Ever since I got my first PlayStation I stopped playing computer games.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have to say hands down my favorite 80's game is "The Legend of Zelda" I can not even count how many hours I played that game. And when I was a kid I must have beaten that game over 25+ times. And I was also a master wiz of the gambling guy. I gambled so much that I figured out the algorithm and I won every time and I had an unlimited amount of money LOL. I miss that game so much!

pierrepotro

Reaction score
My favorite early 90s pc game is Civilization. I haven't explored that many games of the 90s (I was born 93) but I love the Civilization franchise and am still playing their games until now.