• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Any Good Detective Games?

yishak1412

Reaction score
I am a big fan of detective games but there aren't many good detective games. So far, the best detective game i found is L.A Noir and the ace attorney series is also good. Can you recommend me any other good detective game or games like ace attorney? It can be on any gaming platform since I have most gaming consoles.

ballyhara

Reaction score
Check out the Sherlock Holmes Crime and punishment. It is the typical detective environment, classic detective style, it has the clues like the way Sherlock Holmes will put them, nice graphics, looks like an old detective movie. I got some time busy with this one.

TsuyoyRival

Reaction score
Well, a very good game I could tell you is Heavy Rain, it has a detective and the main focus of the game is playing as 4 characters, in different moments and perspectives in order to understand their motivations and looking for the Origami serial killer. Totally recommend.

JoeMilford

Reaction score
This was a cool post and a good question. I don't think I have ever really played a detective game, per se, although I know a lot of games require you to utilize skills like a detective. This post makes me want to try some of these out, especially the Sherlock Holmes one...cool.

Muaaz

Reaction score
If you believe that old is gold then do check out Scooby doo Mystery of Sega Genesis. It had two mysteries to solve, one was in Blakes hotel and other was Ha Ha Carnival. Both of these mysteries need you you to be acute and think well ahead of it to solve them. I completed the game in 2001 when I didn't have any walkthrough and honestly, it was difficult. Try it here
http://www.letsplaysega.com/play-scooby-doo-mystery-online/

You won't regret it....

Heatman

Reaction score
I am a big fan of detective games but there aren't many good detective games. So far, the best detective game i found is L.A Noir and the ace attorney series is also good. Can you recommend me any other good detective game or games like ace attorney? It can be on any gaming platform since I have most gaming consoles.

Check out Criminal Case if you are the detective lover game. You will get to crack up your brains in trying to solve murder case. If you are not highly intelligent and not of the habit of following your guts, sloving murder cases will prove very difficult for you in the game.

Try it out because I am 100% certain you will love it.

WarVet

Reaction score
Well, a very good game I could tell you is Heavy Rain, it has a detective and the main focus of the game is playing as 4 characters, in different moments and perspectives in order to understand their motivations and looking for the Origami serial killer. Totally recommend.
This game ^^^ Just superb. Heavy Rain was what the director called "A next step in the virtual reality" And indeed it was, the amount of realism put into the game creation makes it very awesome. Also, I recommend its predecessor, "Indigo Theory" or "Fahrenheit" Any boy here played this last one?

alexanderzx360

Reaction score
L.A. Noir hands down is the best detective game I've ever played and I'm a huge fan of this genre. I've played almost every CSI game ever released, they're a kind of a guilty pleasure of mine (they're kind of very low quality, but investigating all the clues and dialogues is fun, nevertheless is very linear).

Another new game I'd recommend is the new Batman from Telltale, which adds some detective mechanics where you need to link evidence to see if they have something in common. It's more of a story-driven game than just detective, but I highly recommend it!

amine erraji

Reaction score
there is a game called sherlock holmes crimes and punishments it's really good if you ask me not like L.A Noir but it's fun and have some mind games into it i have played it long time ago the graphiques aren't great but hey the game was in 2014 i hope they make another game for sherlock holmes i am a fan of him

JaiGuru

Reaction score
If you don't mind digging through older systems' libraries, you may try Call of Cthulhu on the original Xbox. It takes place in Lovecrafts famous town of Innsmouth as you sous out the clues left behind by a mysterious cult who's been toying with things they shouldn't. The action is slow and deeply atmospheric, the locations richly rendered for a title of its time.

augusta

Reaction score
Try Sherlock Holmes. Though I don't play it but my brothers does. I think it a good detective game.

manmad

Reaction score
Check out - "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth". It's a exactly what you are looking for, it's mysterious, but the same time it's thrilling and dynamic at the same time. It's obviously about the Lovecraft universe, looking at the game. I won't spoil much, I can guarantee that it's going to keep you interested from the start to the end, there might be some annoying places, but if you're having too much trouble you can always check out some YouTube videos as a guide.

OursIsTheFury

Reaction score
You can play detective in Witcher 3. You have to deduce leads, check out crime scenes, and of course, prepare yourself for the monster fight at the end of it. You'll have to find the lair first, and it's a witcher's job to do all that on a consistent basis for very low pay. But hey, it's fun.

Gladdy

Reaction score
Yeah, L.A. Noire is a really good detective game. I've replayed it twice because I wanted to choose different options with the dialogue and interrogations. Anyway, I guess Heavy Rain can also be taken as a detective game as TsuyoyRival pointed out. You can play as two "detective" characters - one from the FBI and one as a private investigator. I'd definitely highly recommend it as well because I think that you might enjoy it. It is PlayStation exclusive though.

What about Murdered: Soul Suspect? I had fun playing it and it isn't too expensive. You can buy it on any console or computer.

xagiate

Reaction score
Nice question! One of the best detective games i have ever played is Condemned criminal origins for the Xbox 360. It is now available on PC as well. Great game you have to play it. Sega really knows how to make this kind of games. Condemned 2 is also good but i am a fan of the first one. Condemned 2 can be found on PS3 as well.

pizzalover

Reaction score
I recommend you, Gemini Rue, this is a game where the principal character talks to people and objects to solve puzzles. Azriel Odin is an assassin now turned to a law enforcer who is looking to get information about his brother.
I will also recommend you Art of murder series where the player takes the role of FBI agent and try to identify and catch a criminal. The victims have their heart removed and no one know what tool the murder is using.