• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Are you more likely to play Minecraft alone or with others?

Do you like playing minecraft alone or with others?

• Total voters

Westerlies

Reaction score
I am a fairly new player to Minecraft so I was wondering what everyone here prefers; Do you play Minecraft solo or with a partner more often? Do you want to play with siblings, but they aren't interested? Do you just want to build impenetrable fortresses but your little brother keeps destroying your work? I play with my niece most of the time, because she always wants someone to play with. It's a great game to play with others sometimes, but other times it's more relaxing to do your own thing by yourself. What are your reasons for liking either way?

I typically only play with someone, my niece, and sometimes it does get frustrating. I suck it up for the most part because she really loves playing Minecraft with other people. Sometimes it's worth it to do something you don't want to do because it makes others happy.

djdanilo

Reaction score
I don't play Minecraft that much, but when I do, I usually play alone. I have a couple of friends that play, but we are rarely online at the same time, so we can play. I like playing alone, beacuse I don't depend on anyone else, if I make a mistake I die, if I don't, I live. End of story :)

Gladdy

Reaction score
For me, it's a mix of both. I am not currently playing Minecraft but I did play a lot of it in the past. I have to say that the large majority of the time I played it with my boyfriend on our private server but when he wasn't feeling up to it, I just played alone. I never bothered to join the public servers because some are badly set up - if you build things, often people can just destroy your creations and so on.

I much prefer playing at my own pace, exploring the world slowly and messing around without having to worry about other random people.

valy

Reaction score
I like to play Minecraft as a single player because I have played with some other players and some of them destroyed my creations. I hate when they do something like this. I'm working a lot and they destroy my work, so I prefer to play it alone!

anaatef9

Reaction score
I don't enjoy single player Minecraft. I feel like Minecraft was designed so that you can share your creations with your friends or even strangers. In addition to that, playing mini games for me is very fun. Therefore, I used to prefer to play Minecraft online rather than single player.

Soulwatcher

Reaction score
I have my own Minecraft server and I am usually the only one on the server. But I do have some friends that do play on it. And to be honest I don't mind playing alone and the first thing that I do when I log in is to go and see what they have built.

P.S. pretty much my whole gaming career I have been a lone wolf player. :cool:

giovanniiiii

Reaction score
I really love playing with other players, especially with those that I know. The experience is quite different when you have someone else that will help you build the base and gather food unlike when you are playing alone. I know other people prefer playing alone and I did some time back then too, but I realized the fun the game provides when I saw my two siblings running from monsters at night while heading towards our own base.