• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Board Wide Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Some updates to the forum have been making it's way in slowly. All are minor updates. Mostly cosmetic. These have been making it's way on to our forum within the past two weeks.

Animated Avatars
Previously you where able to upload your GIFs as an avatar, but the animation would only show up on member cards and your profile page. I am now pleased to announce, all animated GIFs will show up in forum posts and threads :) Users of PTM, if you had an animated gif prior to this update, you may need to re upload it for this to take effect!

More Points!
Creating threads and posting to replies now generates you more rebellions than before. This is currently due to the fact that our new currency system does not give out bonus's to those who create more quality posts. It is not a lot at the moment, but we plan to introduce new ways to earn rebellions!

A reminder from our last update:
We would also like to take this note that you no longer gain Rebellions by posting in the Introductions, or off topic sections. This is to help prevent people from spamming these boards to try and get as much rebellions as possible.

More Smileys
A couple more hundred smilies has been added to the board :)
We have extended the original smiley site along with adding several more categories. I hope to add some gaming smilies soon :)
SY5aCpA.png

Forum Merge
With out going into to much detail, we have bought out another community and had them merged with us. We welcome all their users, and we hope our current users can help us make them feel welcomed and at home. We realize not everyone may be supportive of this, but what is done is done. If you have any questions, feedback, or concerns, please let us know!

Live Faveicon
The boards Favicon will now show you your current number of alerts and conversations. Nothing too special here. Just another cosmetic update :)
UYLDEmR.png

Martin

Reaction score
Good updates, I love the live Favicon thing because I often keep forum tabs open whilst doing other things so nice to know when there is some activity.

Guardian

Reaction score
Good to see, good to hear, and looking forward to more. :)

Xanthosh

Reaction score
Good updates, I love the live Favicon thing because I often keep forum tabs open whilst doing other things so nice to know when there is some activity.
Fantastic updates!
Yup, what you describe's true.

And also it helps, us community members, and the whole internet in turn with these updates, in a sense. Though, the internet part's kind of dramatic, if I say so myself.

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
Good job glad to see this site going somewhere

Hux

Head Forum Admin
Reaction score
Some nice and handy features here, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.