• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Civilization V

WarVet

Reaction score
I love Civilization 5. In my opinion, the best civ ever made. What makes it so great is the world congress and ideologies system. It adds a very good amount of realism to the game and you have to deal with the politic side of the game or you might find yourself in a very complicated position. I love it.

yaorice

Reaction score
I grew up on Civ 3, so I've loved playing Civ 5. I met quite a few friends in college playing Civ, actually! I find it so fun just because of the different leader bonuses, the crazy difficulty range, and the flexibility depending on what victory you go for...if you're buying it now I definitely recommend waiting until a sale with all of the DLCs, it really completes the experience.

WarVet

Reaction score
I grew up on Civ 3, so I've loved playing Civ 5. I met quite a few friends in college playing Civ, actually! I find it so fun just because of the different leader bonuses, the crazy difficulty range, and the flexibility depending on what victory you go for...if you're buying it now I definitely recommend waiting until a sale with all of the DLCs, it really completes the experience.
Indeed! Brave new world is what made it so great for me. I remember playing the regular version and thinking "meh" But once I came in contact with the ideologies system and world congress system my opinion changed.

yaorice

Reaction score
Indeed! Brave new world is what made it so great for me. I remember playing the regular version and thinking "meh" But once I came in contact with the ideologies system and world congress system my opinion changed.

Really late response, but YES. The ideologies especially are amazing, I've been working on cultural victories recently and it's so fun to tweak strategies depending on ideologies. Definitely a game that I could play for days on end.

WarVet

Reaction score
Really late response, but YES. The ideologies especially are amazing, I've been working on cultural victories recently and it's so fun to tweak strategies depending on ideologies. Definitely, a game that I could play for days on end.
Yeah! Personally, I don't have the patience for cultural victories. I like to play with many rival civs (Makes the game more realistic with a fierce competition) and I just don't have the patience to wait for it. The type of victory that I go for most of the time is the science victory

Fallenpyro418 (Sparks)

Community Supervisor
Community Supervisor
Administrator
Reaction score
I enjoy playing civ 5 whenever I get the chance with my small group of friends.

World domination is my goal.

zdeathclock

HOI4 Player
Senior Admin
Reaction score
I took a big break from Civ 5, but I do enjoy it. Played it recently and had a good time!

Gray

Gray
Retired Staff
Reaction score
I played Civ 5 on my friends Gaming PC about 2 months ago and I might possibly get it on my own gaming PC, but it depends on if there are new games coming out that are good, then I might not get it :p