• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

Question Competition Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Hello rebels!

I am wanting to throw up a competition for our users. I want the competition to be in the gaming area nad the prizes to be in the gaming niche as well.

However, I am fresh out of ideas. Looking for some users to hopefully help out in coming up with some great competition ideas and prizes that can be given out.

So, with that said. Who has a great idea we can use :)

Guardian

Reaction score
Coming up with quality and unique contests was always a deep dark hole I could never climb out of. Not creative enough I guess. So, I have no ideas but I do like that you're considering some contests. I hope some people offer up some quality ideas!

RivaCom

Reaction score
You want it to be tournament based gaming? You can do 1v1, 2v2 tournaments in just about any game (Dayz, CSGO, TF2 etc) or even games like Hots. If you want more players, a F2P game might be wise.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
You want it to be tournament based gaming? You can do 1v1, 2v2 tournaments in just about any game (Dayz, CSGO, TF2 etc) or even games like Hots. If you want more players, a F2P game might be wise.
Dont have to be a tournament based contest.

Sylar

General Manager
Reaction score
Well there's always the standard posting contest. There's also the idea of someone maybe coming up with an idea for a new game? Best idea wins? Or maybe creating characters or art for a specific game, and the best one there wins?

Just throwin things out there

Brandon

Admin
Administrator
Premium
Reaction score
Art design contest for ingame motd's?

Guardian

Reaction score
Review contest, written (for the forums) or in video format for a GameRebels YouTube?

Guardian

Reaction score
Now what about prizes? I would like them all to be game related. Such as Steam gift cards, etc.

Rebellions. That way, they can get whatever they wish, from the games to the gift cards. If you're out of what they want, they can just request it.

Jordan

Founder
Senior Admin
Reaction score
Rebellions. That way, they can get whatever they wish, from the games to the gift cards. If you're out of what they want, they can just request it.
Good idea. However it is not very marketable. :(

If I want to create banners and get some advertisements out, people know about "steam" and giving ot say $100 steam gift card they might be interested. However saying "Giving out 1,000 rebellions", they might not be so inclined to even look into what Rebellions are.

I can include rebellions into the contest ultimately though as well what ever other prizes we may choose.

Referal

Reaction score
We should have competitions like this weekly or monthly to get more users to use this site

Status
Not open for further replies.