• IMPORTANT: Welcome to the re-opening of GameRebels! We are excited to be back and hope everyone has had a great time away. Everyone is welcome!

DawnGate: Is It Worth It?

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
I signed up for this game when it was advertised in its beta version on facebook. I played one game and I saw such a drastically similar game to league of Legends. Unless they changed a lot since its inception I honestly felt this game was just a knock off of League of Legends. Even as i watched the Ads and the intro movies I told myself this looks a whole lot like LoL. As i played it I realized it was like a replica of LoL. Maybe they have made some changes to keep them apart, i don't know. But because I have very little if any interest in playing LoL anymore I had absolutely NO interest and farthering an account in DawnGate.

What are your views of this newer MOBA

Squigly

Reaction score
EA is already shutting the game down, it's a shame because it was actually a pretty good MOBA. I guess EA was too greedy and expected it to become as popular as LoL or DotA, but that simply can't happen over such a short period of time. Hopefully the game gets revived in some way.

cyberpinoy

Reaction score
their problem was they based it on the wrong game. I hate to say this but LoL was not the game they needed to use as their base of operations. A lot of hard core MOBA players dont use LoL except for some relaxed play, or something to get away from the hardcore gaming in DotA and HoN. Maybe the Dawngate fans can be lucky enough someone will buy the game from EA so they can keep playing it. It took years of work by icefrog to make Dota What it is today, they even started that game from within another game and just kept upgrading and enhancing until the upgrades and enhancements that needed made were out of their control, then they took the game to another level by getting its on base of operations with Valve and Steam. You are right about one thing, this game has not had enough time to really flourish tho.